Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:28 PM   #1

Camera: Nikon D80

Lenses: Nikkor 18-200mm VR and Nikkor 50mm F1.4 with Hoya Polariser Pro1D filter.

Let me know what you think of the motion shots. Most of them are at the bottom of the post. Otherwise, enjoy the report!

I didn't want to take my car this time as I'm not sure whether to sell it or not, but still had a fantastic time, during my fifth visit!

So I was picked up at 6am on Friday 31st August, for the 8.20am train from Dover. We got to our hotel, 25 miles away from the 'Ring for lunch before heading over for a brief session.

The weather was pretty good throughout the weekend, with very minimal rain. We returned on Sunday evening and on our the way out for Calais, we spotted two E90 M3s heading in the opposite direction. Both had quad exhasuts and various parts of the car taped up. Though it was too late to catch any photos of them.

I'll let the photos do the talking! 8)

The "gang:"

You couldn't miss us!

These guys were out in force. One of the drivers looked like a spotty teenager but they were all quick!

There were four orange 997 GT3 RS' in the same gang!

This Pearl White Gallardo is a UK spec car on Italian plates; it's a press car which has yet to be registered here.

EDO Competition made another appearance. They didn't bring their 996, but a 997, along with a 993. Apparently the 996 was too unreliable for them. A rather nice young lady was at the wheel of the 993!

Everything about the car was Carbon Fibre, even this!

Due to a track closure, the officials had to stop letting people in, and the queue outside of the 'Ring car park didn't stop.

The widow maker. The only one there, that weekend.

An extremely mint example of an E30 M3 engine bay:

This new 997 Turbo was still on trade plates.

Closed track again, so the wait begins. This time, four motorbikes had gone off at the same time, and we think one of the riders may have died. I saw all four motorbikes being trailered off after about an hour.

Who could miss Thorlief's CSL:

On Saturday night, we hit the track and tagged it! (Google the tag and you'll know how it came about lol.)

AMG made an appearance with a few SLKs and a C-Class:

Didn't get a good look at what happened but a Zakspeed Viper left in not-so-great circumstances:

Considering it was DTM weekend at the GP circiut, the Nordshleife wasn't as busy as we thought, so quite moderate:

Various photos, trackside:

At one point, I had a great view!

Notorious Adenauer-Forst. We saw quite a few cars go straight across the grass! Including a black Gallardo, immediately followed by a Mercedes!

A bit more traffic:

A bit of showing off:

Sabine wasn't to be seen this weekend, but the 'Ring Taxis still made an appearance. Apparently, they now have to stick to certain speed limits. I don't know if there's any truth in that. We still saw some sideways action, but I didn't catch of that with my camera.

There were two red E30 M3s there. One of them had made a heck of a (good) noise. It turns out, a E34 M5 3.6 engine had been fitted!

A Gumbert Apollo:

Well, I wouldn't!

Not long before we left, good old TVR had to show their unreliability in spectacular fashion, with the bonnet flying off after the car fishtailed into Brunchen, mounting a high kerb, somehow missing the armco, where all four wheels left the ground before landing across the track! They weren't able to restart the car, so had to wait for the costly recovery company.

ALL my photos can be viewed on these pages:

Friday.

Saturday - Paddock.

Saturday - Track.

Sunday - Paddock.

Sunday - Track.

Shakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2007, 8:26 PM   #2

man o man thats awesome!! thanks for sharing!!
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:32 AM   #3

Really cool shots of cars I can't afford to drive.

Love my VW Beetle Turbo S though.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:44 AM   #4

I love the shot of the blue CBR RR taking that right hander. Heck, I love them ALL! The closest I ever got to the 'Ring was driving it in my Skyline GT-R N1.... on my PS-2! :lol:

Mahalo for sharing these great photos!
Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 9:19 PM   #5

Hawaii Built wrote:
Quote:
I love the shot of the blue CBR RR taking that right hander. Heck, I love them ALL! The closest I ever got to the 'Ring was driving it in my Skyline GT-R N1.... on my PS-2! :lol:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha well i use the cadillac cien, it flies!! i bought the super charger for it, it now has 928 hp. hahahahahaha
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2007, 1:05 AM   #6

airbrushjohn wrote:
Quote:
Hawaii Built wrote:
Quote:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha well i use the cadillac cien, it flies!! i bought the super charger for it, it now has 928 hp. hahahahahaha
the cien was one of the first cars i won. that thing is fast. i spent WAY too much time playing that game... bought the force feedback steering wheel and everything. i'm such a dork.

aloha
Hawaii Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2007, 1:51 PM   #7

Man what a great weekend! thanks for the great shots of some incredible rides!
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote