Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Sep 9, 2007, 9:12 PM   #1

My daughter-in-law is in the Washington Redskins Marching Band. She gets free tickets to all the home games, but they're not the best. FedEx Field is the largest NFL Stadium, seating over 91,000. My step-son and I were about 5 rows down from the top.

This is a sequence of shots of a reception byAntwaan Randle El. It was shot with my KM5D and Minolta 75-300 f/4.5-5.6 (D), 230mm, f/6.3, 1/640", ISO 200.

BTW, the Redskins won 16-13 in OT.
Attached Images

TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2007, 6:45 AM   #2

Another sequence of shots of a hand-off to Jesse Chatman. Again with my KM5D and Minolta 75-300 f/4.5-5.6 (D), 120mm, f/5.6, 1/640", ISO 200.

Vernon Carvey (72) screwed up, and he knew it.
Attached Images

Old Sep 10, 2007, 8:38 AM   #3

TCav wrote:
Quote:
. FedEx Field is the largest NFL Stadium, seating over 91,000. My step-son and I were about 5 rows down from the top.
Has your nose stopped bleeding yet?

Look on the bright side - at least you have an NFL team. All I have is the Browns

But seriously, given the seats there really is no chance of getting action shots. I might suggest instead going for atmosphere shots of the stadium and the crowd rather than trying to take shots of action that's too far away.

Hope you enjoyed the game though! It's been a LONG time since i've gone to a pro game. It's hard to justify spending $200 on an outing - especially with what I have to watch here in NE Ohio!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 10:04 AM   #4

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
TCav wrote:
Quote:
. FedEx Field is the largest NFL Stadium, seating over 91,000. My step-son and I were about 5 rows down from the top.
Has your nose stopped bleeding yet?
Yep. And I don't know how they do it, but there was never a breeze. The outside of the stadium turns the tunnels into funnels where the wind will knock you down, but once you're in your seat, there's never a hint of a breeze.

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
Look on the bright side - at least you have an NFL team. All I have is the Browns
Yeah. It's nice having so many pro teams here in Washington. It would have been nice if one of them had showed up yesterday.

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
But seriously, given the seats there really is no chance of getting action shots.
This was my first time at a Redskins game, and I wasn't going to miss the opportunity, however remote it might have been.

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
Hope you enjoyed the game though! It's been a LONG time since i've gone to a pro game. It's hard to justify spending $200 on an outing - especially with what I have to watch here in NE Ohio!
It was fun going to the stadium, but it was one of those games I would have enjoyed more had I been watching it on television (but only slightly). A final score of 16-13 means that, either both teams did well, or both teams did poorly. This was one of the latter.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 10:56 AM   #5

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
...I might suggest instead going for atmosphere shots of the stadium and the crowd ...
Like this?

My daughter-in-law is the one playing the clarinet. ( [suB]:-)[/suB])

Notice that management lets the Tuba players have an extra seat. I think that's nice of them
Attached Images

Old Sep 12, 2007, 2:13 PM   #6

You should feel lucky that you can bring a good lens into a game. The Cowboys (and Mavs...and Stars) won't allow you to bring in any lens longer than 3 or 4" (I forget which). Last week at Texas Tech, I had to "negotiate" my 150 mm lens into the stadium...and promise not to use it (hehe) so that I could take it in.
mctrees02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:55 AM   #7

I was under the impression that FedEx field would not allow SLR cameras into the stadium -- al least I seem to recall hearing this.

My son (a die-hard Skins fan that doesn't know any better -- I'm a Cowboys fan) was at the game thanks to his GF being friends with a couple that had 2 extra tickets. I watched it on his 52" HDTV while baby-sitting his 120 lb Akita who was feeling a bit under the weather following some minor surgery.

I have attended 2 games at FedEx, and the Skins lost both of them.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:45 PM   #8

wait, so your allowed to bringa big lensin but your not allowed to use it?
seerskater is offline   Reply With Quote