Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Sep 14, 2007, 5:17 AM   #1
Super Moderator

I really think I went crazy at this event, I've never taken so many shots in one day, almost 3800. That opened up a whole world of editing hurt but I'm being more proactive with competitors trying to get more business so wanted to ensure that there are great angles for them to select from.

Mostly shot with Canon 30D and Sigma 120-300mm f2.8. Start line series with Canon 5D with 24-105mm f4L and the shots where I'm on the outside of the corner under the trees were with the 30D and the 24-105.

As ever any C&C welcome.

Enjoy!!

3 This is the first time of shooting this angle. I used the 30D with the 120-300mm and shot this from the same position as the start line shots. There is about a 5 second gap between the last in the start series for them to go around the first corner and then be on this straight to it is pretty manic to make the camera switch. I'm not over keen on it as there is nothing interesting..... just grass, grass and more grass.

6 Not my fave pic but this makes me laugh..... check out shot 7.

7 Yep that's right, I'm driving while shooting.... very clever! :blah:

8 Brake!!

9 Here he comes again.........

10 He did just stop after this but was close.

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2007, 6:25 AM   #2

Always love your hill-climb shots, although I must say driving and shooting at the same time reveals a new aspect of your talent.

My favorites are the old cars, particularly #5.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 8:43 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Thanks.... and to learn the skill of shooting and driving you need very long arms LOL.

The old cars were cool and there are loads if you go to my site. My faves are anything lotus 7 inspired and the Caterham is the main beast that we see.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2007, 8:40 PM   #4

man o man, those are awesome!! as usual!! i wish we had those races here. the cars are beautiful!! and you do a wonderful job to make them look their best!! do any of the owners or drivers ever aks you to take shots of the cars besides the racing?
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2007, 4:49 AM   #5

Hi Mark,

Yes I agree.. great photos. And with the varied lighting conditions, (e.g. backgrounds dark or lighter, direct sunlight, shade, etc) you did a great job. Well done.

I think my favourite photos are #8 and the last four 11, 12, 13 & 14).

photo 8 = and nice lock-up of wheel/s!

11 and 12 are great set showing "battling through the corner" (including body roll and tire dynamics)

and I like 13 and 14 because you can see the drivers' expressions!

I attended a hill climb some months ago with my twin brother in Tasmania, and it was a great early morning time of "brotherly bonding". I'll have to share a few photos (we were only there for an hour or so) when I find the photos which are currently on a harddrive not installed in my computer!) I got 1 or 2 I liked....

Thanks again for sharing and well done.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote