Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:29 PM   #1

Well it's that time of year again, but this time I had some new toys, a 40D to replace the 20D, and a Canon 2.8 70-200IS to replace the same Sigma. I really liked the new camera, though admittedly I was fumbling with the settings, I guess I should at least glance at the manual. The lens was all I could hope for, every photo even if the exposure wasn't great was really sharp, and the focus was so fast there were times I wasn't sure it was tracking the movement.

Anyway here are 2 quick samples.... Go Devils!

Travis Zajac

Danius Zubrus

Chris

chrisg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2007, 4:46 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Nice new toys and they have captured well. Which version of the Sigma did you have, was it the HSM EX Macro or one of the older ones? I'm trying to work out if I should be switching mine as it is not giving results as good as the Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 which is the main beast but not always needed.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 7:58 PM   #3

Mark,

I have the Sigma 2.8 70-200 HSM EX with the DG Macro. It is a very fine lens, and gave me some really nice results in the past. I just decided to spring for the Canon when I went for the 40D. I have to tell you from my admittedly limited testing, the Canon seems to be sharper with the resulting photos, so far so good.

Chris
chrisg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 8:06 PM   #4
Super Moderator

That's cool, keep us up to date when you've had more chance to test them out as that will really help others (me included) make the decision.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote