Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Sep 20, 2007, 7:43 PM   #1
spy

Hello my sports photographer friends,

Now that our sports season has started with my swim club I wanted to get my website up and running featuring some of my best sports shots. It also features, landscape and close-ups of flowers for others who have other interests.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

http://web.mac.com/kmcel/Poetry_of_M...aphy/Home.html

If you have trouble with the link, just type in poetryofmotion.com into the url.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2007, 3:06 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi Kevin, I like the nice clean look of the site it works well. I'm not sure if it is my system but it does seem to take a bit of a time to load pages so worth checking on that. One the pricing page looks like the font sizes are different for description and cost so the don't line up once the page is loaded, while it is loading it works fine.... strange.

Overall I like it, I do think that your next step should be to get online payments as people generally order most if they can order on site when you are shooting, next online without intervention and the lastly when they have to phone or email sending in a cheque.

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 8:45 AM   #3
spy

You make some good points Mark.

Mac makes it easy with their new iLife 08 program to create a clean website with its web design "iWeb". This design formatt is very simple to work with and gives you many more options to work with.

Also, I have really ENJOYED my new toy. I've said goodbye to the PC and now work with Apple's 20" iMac and cs3 ps. This is a sweet fast machine and would encourage everyone to check them out!! http://www.apple.com/mac/ For those that don't know about "iMac", the screen is the computer tower!

As far as 'load time', either .mac runs slower due to all the hits at the same time or I need to resize the pics. Not sure but I'll look into it. I did notice a small bug issue in that where I first originally placed the "LINKS" icon down at the bottom of the "About" page did not appear in the same place when I checked how the page looked on the net.

The payment thing may need working on but I'm not sure yet how I want to address this as I only work the local scene so for now I have not yet needed to send photos outside the city, province or country. "If the wheel ain't broke, don't fix it".

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it!
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 9:14 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Sounds cool.

I'm not in a position to switch from PC as I'm not changing hardware at the moment and have loads of software for PC already.

As for CS3, I'm just getting Creative Suite Web Edition Premium and Lightroom courtesy of Adobe (perks of working for one of their largest global partners and getting to speak to the rightperson at our sales conference).
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote