Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Sep 29, 2007, 8:25 PM   #1

This morning, I did my annual stint as meet announcer for the Arkansas Senior Olympics track meet and came away, as always, amazed at the athleticism of some of the athletes. We didn't have a way for results to be forwarded to the box, so I had a lot of time and couldn't resist pulling out my camera with a 400mm zoom and clicking a few shots. This guy was faster today than I ever was at my most athletic.

Most of the competitors were in the age divisions from 60-80, but the competition was no less fierce.

Some of the uniforms were a little "unusual"

The lady in the photo is an annual visitor to the games and has become one of my favorites over the years. She will run in an event or two, but she is immediately recognizable by her loud screams for her husband "Honey" that start with the opening gun of his races and don't cease till he crosses the line. She can be heard throughout the stadium.

The pole vault was one of the most interesting events, simply because of the level of ability of the vaulters. One of the competitors was the world record in the pole vault (in the 80+ division). Unfortunately, because I didn't have heat sheets up in the box today, I'm not sure if any of these are of him. I just can't imagine the amount of ability it takes to vault at age 85.....I can't even imagine it at my current age, 52.

Of course, the "younger" vaulters were going higher.

All in all, a fun day. I take my hat off to the athletes.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2007, 10:32 PM   #2

I glad to see this, that means there is some hope for me, Nice pictures
Jobeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 9:25 AM   #3

Very cool!
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote