Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:07 AM   #1

It's sad when the first thing you do entering an unfamiliar stadium is to count the light bulbs on the towers (39 of 40 were working last night). Despite my whining, I was relatively pleased with how a few of the shots came out.

All taken with a Pentax K10d and a MF 135mm Takumar f2.8 in Aperture Priority mode. ISO was 1600 on all shots. Low-level noise reduction was done with Noiseware. I used an EV of -0.3 or -0.7 to try to keep shutter speed up, but shutter speeds were ridiculously low because of the horrible lighting. This one, for instance, was at 1/125.

I tried shooting from behind the end zone in scoring opportunities. Unfortunately, this was one of the few plays in which our running backs went forward. (also 1/125)

The angle allowed me to get a "different" shot of an attempted field goal block with the linebacker leaping over the blockers at full speed. (Note the ball between the legs of the linemen.)

The field goal was good, but the low shutter speed kept me from getting a good shot of the ball as it cleared the line. Final shot violates one of the rules I picked up from John. There are no opponents in the shot, unless you count the one with the striped shirt. Question I had on this shot. Would it be better without the blocker?

C&C welcome.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links