Attached Images

Subdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2007, 11:49 AM   #3

3 All shot with Mark III 70-200L IS USM, H 6400 ISO
Attached Images

Old Oct 13, 2007, 2:29 PM   #4

Hey Subdoc!

Looks like you caught some good action. But, you still have quite a bit of noise here so you need to tweak your post processing to get rid of it. I would also suggest pulling in the darks a bit - they're washed out so you've lost a good bit of contrast. I think with some post processing these will clean up quite nicely!

On second thought - I'm working on my laptop so it isn't great at contrast - so your shots may be fine. I'll let you decide!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2007, 10:05 PM   #5

Great pictures,
Jobeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2007, 12:44 AM   #6

Thank you. I keep trying, was just amazed at the results of the Mark III at 6400 ISO. Yes they are a bit grainy, but that can be tweeked. I did raise the brightness a bit to insure the faces could be seen well. Other than that, no other changeswere made besides cropping. No flash....... I refuse to use it. this is soley the camera and ISO Jacked up.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 2:37 AM   #7

Subdoc wrote:
Quote:
Thank you. I keep trying, was just amazed at the results of the Mark III at 6400 ISO. Yes they are a bit grainy, but that can be tweeked. I did raise the brightness a bit to insure the faces could be seen well. Other than that, no other changeswere made besides cropping. No flash....... I refuse to use it. this is soley the camera and ISO Jacked up.
I agree - i love the results I get fromthe mk III at 6400 (although 2 ofyours show ISO 3200 in the exif ).

Here's an example of an ISO 6400 shot in similar lighting to yours (1/800 @ iso 6400 vs. 1/640 at ISO 3200 in your last shot)- just to illustrate my point about how cleaning up noise and keeping good contrast can make a photo even better - as well as USM. PP plays a major role in sports photography. It's not enough to just use a good (ok great) camera and lens.

JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2007, 6:39 AM   #8

Very nice. I agree with you on the PP. I was just trying to show what it can do with minimal to no PP how it was still as good if not better than most camera's after the lights come on. Your shot shows what it can truely do after the tweaking. Sorry about the 3200 shots I thought all those were at 6400. My mistake. I will look next time to make sure .