Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Dec 28, 2007, 9:45 PM   #11

Thanks for the comments. I definitely think the workflow change helped. Sheer volume also - just working through several hundred shots allowed me to keep more and also to require less post processing (better timing, better moving with the subject, etc..).. There are several on the picasa site that I didn't do anything except noise and sharpen..

I so appreciate all I've learned from the experts here. I'm really having so much fun...

Volleyball next - hopefully I can take what I've learned and apply it there...

jschoenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 1:00 AM   #12

jschoenr wrote:
Quote:
I so appreciate all I've learned from the experts here. I'm really having so much fun...

Volleyball next - hopefully I can take what I've learned and apply it there...
LOL....don't lump me in with the experts. I am just a beginner who has been fortunate to have good advice from John and others in this forum, and been wise enough to listen to it,practice often and apply it, then pass it on. I shoot often, make my mistakes, and hopefully don't make the same ones again.

As for shooting volleyball....talk to John. Volleyball may be the hardest sport I have tried, and I'm nowhere near pleased with where I ended the year.

I like your use of the word "fun" in shooting sports. It is hard work, but if you don't enjoy it thoroughly, you won't commit the time required to produce something with which both you and the kids you shoot will be pleased.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote