Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Jan 30, 2008, 7:29 PM   #1

took those shot from a big festival last yearhope u enjoy!

MORE
highschloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:32 AM   #2

now there's a different sport.

Of the shots you posted, #2 has the most potential. It's fairly sharp (although if you didn't apply USM, the shot would benefit from it) - and it's good action.

On the other shots:

1 - too soft and distracting background.

2 - as mentioned the most potenial. But there's a lot of uninteresting dead space in the frame. This would help mitigate the distracting background. But you need shallower DOF - longer focal length & wider aperture to help isolate your subject.

3 - same issues - too much dead space, distracting background - also a bit washed out. If you haven't applied USM you should do so - it will really help this out. Also, you should bring the darks in a bit and bump up saturation. Blues and reds should really POP

4 - nice concept but nothing is really in focus and there's some distortion on the right

In general, my suggestions would be you need to frame much tighter in-camera. That will help get you sharper images. I would also suggest using wider apertures (2.8 if you have it, otherwise as wide as you can go) and definitely longer focal lengths to help decrease the DOF. And a little bit of PP to work on colors/contrast to get more POP out of the colors.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:11 PM   #3

Definitely a different sport. I have never seen team handball played on a beach before. Little to add to John's critique.....but definitely an interesting set of photos.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 9:00 PM   #4

thankyou for both John and Paul advise!

since I havent a good knowledge on photo edit,those picture are resize very bad.Those piccame from my first year photo shoting ...until now i have around 1.5 years experience and i reli enjoy on shotting sport ... i will keep upload more sport photo and collect more master-hand comment !

ps: sorry for my worst english !
highschloser is offline   Reply With Quote