Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:14 PM   #1

I was shooting a few of the girls' match tonight before my team's match and hit an interesting example of the strange problems you can get into with differential white balance in a high school stadium. This image has had no WB processing at all, simply a very small levels increase, medium crop, NR, and sharpening. The subject of the shot is only mildly interesting, but notice the band of color change as the different areas of the field are under the influence of different bulbs.

Attached Images

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:20 PM   #2

This is only the third try for my student assistant and I under the lights with the K10d and the DA*50-135. (I took both of these shots.) Overall, the shots are definitely crisper than those we got a year ago with the Fuji s6000, but I'm really feeling the need for the extra reach of the Tamron 70-200 f2.8 I have on order. And, I'm finding that the f2.8 with only ISO 1600 is only marginally acceptable in terms of total light. Still, I'm getting some shots that are considerably better than what I have become accustomed to in the past. This one nearly filled the 2/3 screen criteria...too bad I cut it too close on the left side of the frame.

Attached Images

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote