Super Moderator

mod 2
Attached Images

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 8:41 AM   #22
Administrator

Mark1616 wrote:
Quote:
Jim, I'm all spent out on kit for the moment so I think that will have to wait... however we will see if I can get more gym gigs next season (after checking this is as successful as I hoped), and if I'm going to be doing more then there might be a 'need' to get something longer..... I think another mkIII with a 200mm f2 should do the trick (of a f1.8 if I see one kicking around).
I was just teasing. I think it would be hard to justify the expense of a 200mm f/1.8 or f/2 unless you were doing a lot of shooting in that kind of lighting (and even then, I'd be tempted to just push it another stop to ISO 6400 if needed versus lugging around a kit that heavy). lol

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 8:43 AM   #23
Super Moderator

I know, but wouldnt it be a nice one to have??!!:-)
Old Mar 10, 2008, 3:02 PM   #24

Hi Mark, only just got to see your posting, sounds like a tiring day you had:roll:, Looks like you coped pretty well with the terrible lights though, well done. Kind regards Graham
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 7:24 PM   #25
Super Moderator

Thanks Graham.

The editing them down for the web is taking an age, I've almost finished the Sat which is good as I have a load of parents signed up for email notification when they are ready.

This is the worst attrition rate I've ever had for photos.... only about 20-25% are keepers. I put part of that down to the first time shooting gymnastics so not knowing when to not shoot, also not being fast enough to get ready for the next shot so being in portrait orientation when I need to be in landscape, they do a move that looks cool but I'm just not there for it and the speed they move around with being close to the mat so the amount or angular rotation (spot the person with a degree in maths and science) needed to constantly cover so I would like to see what shooting from further out with a longer lens than the 85mm would allow.