Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:34 PM   #1
Super Moderator

I wasn't sure where to post this but though all of you who check out the sports section will probably have though I would love to play with the 200-500mm f2.8...... oh I did btw a couple of weeks ago at a trade show and it was amazing, still bright and fast AFat 1000mm with the 2x!! Anyway, just looking through their marketing blurb and read this:

Focusing and zooming do not change the lens' overall length, ensuring it's easy of use either handheld or on a tripod.

OK for those of you who are not aware, this is a 16kg lens, now I'm 6'6" and not classed as weak, however I would not plan on handholding this lens so think they are optimistic to say the least. Not that I have the £12,000 or whatever it is going to cost to buy to experience trying to handhold it but surely they made a little mistake here LOL.

Right, now I've given you all a laugh it'stime for bed.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2008, 2:00 PM   #2
Administrator

It's too bad the photo in their press release didn't show a camera attached to it (in this case, the lens is so large I think of attaching the camera to the lens, versus the lens to the camera). ;-)

But, I guess that it's a compact lens design for what it does , just like this 36.2 pound walk around lens. ;-)

Canon 1200mm f/5.6L USM Autofocus lens in 9 condition at the B&H used department for $99,000.00

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote