Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Apr 10, 2008, 9:47 AM   #1

I decided it was about time I start shooting some outside after many disappointing volleyball outings, so I hit my daughter's track meet yesterday. Conditions switched from full sun to overcast and back throughout the afternoon. What is the best way to handle that? I kept switching from aV to manual, but never seemed to get the exposures right.. Shot with Rebel XT, 85mm f/1.8 (most shot at f/2.8 ), ISO 200. Anyway, here are some shots. C&C welcome.

6. (my daughter - picture taken portrait and cropped)

jschoenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2008, 2:47 PM   #2

I would have to say that #2 & #4 are my favorites. #5 looks a little underexposed. All of them seem to capture great peak action and good cropping. #6 is also good, especially with the disc in the image.

I shoot outdoors as well and that cloud cover can really play havoc with you. What metering were you using?

Again, really good shots.

John

Jyeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 3:47 PM   #3

Thanks for the feedback. I had it set to Partial Metering. No particular reason other than I'm sure someone told me to set it there (probably for some entirely different type of shots) and I never bothered to change it.
jschoenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 12:55 PM   #4

I think youve done really well. I like to keep an eye on the histograms and adjust accordingly when the sun/clouds are intermittent. I shoot in M however so its easier/faster to adjust on the fly. The discus shot is my fav!
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote