Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Apr 26, 2008, 5:07 PM   #1

Took the newly acquired Sigma 28-200 out to the ball field today for my son's opening day game. This is my favorite. As always, asdvice-comments appreciated.

Natty
Natty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2008, 9:22 AM   #2

Looks like good timing on the action, but I'd suggest trying to get a bit closer and posting a bit larger image. How much is this one cropped?

The fence in the foreground is a bit distracting, so I'd try to position myself where it won't show or where you could crop it out later. I couldn't see the exif on the picture, but maybe if your aperture was more open, the foreground and background would be out of focus and less a distracting as well.

Do you have more examples to share?

jschoenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 1:50 PM   #3

Thanks for the comments and advice. The best thing on this was the timing of the shot. Try as I did I could not get away from that fence top. I think I'll ave a better spot next time. I cropped it quite a bit...don't know the exact amount of crop as I just did the click and drag.

I'm having some "difficulties" with the Photbucket hosting and getting the optimum size down for posting. I think once I resize using Photobucket tools it strips the exif from the pics. I'll try and get a slightly larger version done and keep the exiff in tact. I have one or two others from the game that came out pretty good. I'll try to get those up as well.

Thanks again for the post.

Natty
Natty is offline   Reply With Quote