Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Apr 27, 2008, 2:20 PM   #1

Hi all, This was a cracker of a game!, HV (green) required a draw to ensure 2nd place in the league and so gain promotion to Division 2 for the first time in the teams history!!. They went 2-0 down in the first half and looked down and out!, but a valiant fight back saw them haul there way back into the game and scored 2 goals in the last 10 mins to secure the win:-), They are also in a Cup Final on Tuesday night so hope to cover that too for the papers!. Anyway here's a few pics. Kind regards Graham.

bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2008, 2:34 PM   #2

Great series! Looks like #2, 5, and 7 are considerably sharper than the others, but good action in all. Thanks for sharing!

jschoenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 3:05 PM   #3

Some really great shots, Graham. I think I like 1,5, & 7 best, but there's lots of good action. One of the things I notice about your shots when I compare them to matches around here. I think there's probably a lot more upper body contact in the English game than what I see, even in a comparable men's league. That makes for some great photo opportunities. Most of the men's soccer I see features Hispanic teams, and their style tends to be more wide open with contact being more down low.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 4:20 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Hi Graham,

Another great series and again the sharpness is there. Shame that the player heading the ball in #4 is OOF but we all suffer from times like that.

Hope all goes well on Tues.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:13 PM   #5

Paul thank you for looking in, I think your reading of the differences is spot on!, this I think, (without becoming paranoid:-)) is why I feelfootball (soccer),unprofessional,is hard to post on sports forumsdominated by USA shootersas the "latin" style of game is the norm for the Americas and sonone Pro devisional soccer looks quite barbaric and ungainly!.

My personal take on the game is, there is far too much "professional sportsmanship" in all walks of the gamewe watch, (and increasingly in all professional Euro soccer)taught from an early age. Protection of players has reached ridiculous proportions, (it's now almost impossible to make a challenge on a goalkeeper! without inc curing a foul):evil:.

Mark thanks for the input, your right again damn it:roll:lol. i'd seen a slight back focus but thought i'd get away with it,:G,(even over sharpened it[img]/forums/images/emoticons/lachen001.gif[/img]lol:">).

Thank you both. Graham
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:15 PM   #6
Super Moderator

bluesman graham wrote:
Quote:
Mark thanks for the input, your right again darn it:roll:lol. i'd seen a slight back focus but thought i'd get away with it,:G,(even over sharpened it[img]/forums/images/emoticons/lachen001.gif[/img]lol:">.
There is a method that works better when trying to get around a slightly oof shot. Over sharpen the full size image and then reduce and sharpen again.... it's not perfect but it helps
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote