Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old May 10, 2008, 4:55 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Can we swap LOL. I don't mind really, and I like the way I look without it but shaving is such a pain!!!!
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 4:59 PM   #12
Super Moderator

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Great shots. That looks like fun, and I see you were trying to keep the shutter speeds slow enough so that you didn't stop the props. Cool.
Forgot to say, yes I was down to 1/250s to freeze the action and as metering in these situations is apain I shot in M. 1/250s with a 420mm lens and a 1.3x crop meant that I didhave quite a few blurred ones as with the multi-axes panning needed (that sounds clever doesn't it) it wasn't easy and I couldn't use a monopod. I'm pleased with what I got though.
Old May 10, 2008, 4:59 PM   #13
Administrator

Isn't that the way it usually goes? If you didn't want a beard, the woman you end up being attracted to probably would want you to have one. As the old saying goes, opposites attract. ;-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2008, 1:06 PM   #14

mark those are great! it must have been quite the challenge to hand hold that 120-300! oh and congrats on your having to shave for your new lady!! hahahaha we now know who runs that relationship!! just kidding with ya! best regards, john
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2008, 1:53 PM   #15

Whew! i thought it was part of Jim C's initiation into becoming a mod! Congrats on the new girl. Should we be congratsing you? seems weird...anyway. Great shots. Seems like a fun gig to shoot. What a challenge that mustve been.
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2008, 2:39 PM   #16
Administrator

Quote:
Whew! i thought it was part of Jim C's initiation into becoming a mod!
You lost me with that one. I've been a mod here for a long time now. Do you mean something about Mark1616 helping us out by agreeing to be a mod here? We appreciate that, since Mark has been a big help to other members here.

FWIW, my wife and I have been together for around 25 years now (although we've only been married for 15 of those years). We are opposites in our tastes with most things (hence my comments about my beard, which she likes a lot more than I do). :-)

Old May 13, 2008, 3:31 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Thanks guys.

John, hand holding the 120-300 (here with a 1.4x btw :blah is not an issue for me as I'm used to it, if you saw the gymnastics series I did, I was switching between the 5D 120-300mm f2.8 combo and the 1D mkIII 85mm f1.8 combo for 2 straight days taking over 10000 photos in total (yes I'm crazy but it sure paid it having those shots to get the orders) so a few aircraft were nothing LOL.

As for the new lady we are old friends of 7 years, and we are like Jim and his lady wife in being totally different. I'm 6'6" tall, she is almost 5", I'm 260lb, she is 85, I'm from the UK, she is from Egypt.... hehe.

Jim, DRGSin was talking about me removing my beard being an initiation to becoming a Mod.
Old May 13, 2008, 3:44 PM   #18
Administrator

I'm glad that Steve didn't want me to do that (remove my beard when I became a mod), or my wife may not have been happy about it. :-):-)