Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old May 13, 2008, 11:10 PM   #1

DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2008, 5:44 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi DRGSin, looks like you have been out enjoying some MX shooting again. For me these are not as strong as the previous shots. The first seems to be focused just behind the rider and also the face/helmet is too dark so some fill flash would have helped give it some pop against the bright background. On the 2nd it's an interesting shot with the track leading you in,but with only one rider there is not enough action for my taste.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 9:09 AM   #3

Thanks for looking Mark, and I appreciate your comments. I shouldve explained. I was there to shoot the track and only shot the MXracing for the fun of itonce I was finshed. Technically, I agree with you, I realize theres a lot wrong with the first one-I just liked the perspective that the 14-24 gave. Its one of those shots that "couldve" been a great shot. I have a ton of them, LOL.The second shot was meant to showcase the track insted of the racing. I was striving to convey the feel of how big this track is andits elevation changes. Hopefully those points came across.
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2008, 1:01 PM   #4

I actually love the second shot. It's a great one to convey the size of the track, plus it's neat seeing just a lone rider out pounding laps (I can relate as a participant).
SpeedyManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2008, 2:54 PM   #5

I like both shots. IMHO the first shot benefits from the shadow on the drivers face, adding a sort of anonymity to the rider. The second shot seemed to tell a story of the rider practicing that would not quit. Long after the crowds are gone and the rest of the riders left this guy is out pounding the vast and empty track. Well done!
runlikegump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2008, 9:18 AM   #6

hi DRGSin,

man you definitely acomplished your goal with the last shot! as soon as i saw it, i was like look how huge that track is! and the rider is flying to get that kind of air!.

the first even tough the focus is behind the rider, which i really didn't notice at first, the photo is great!! my first thought was is that chad reed? and you are quite the daredevil getting that close! i truly think you may have mark beat, even though he shoots rally!! hahahahahaha
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote