Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old May 16, 2008, 7:44 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Hey all,

Is it just me or are we slowing down with the amount of sports shots getting posted. I guess it could be that the sports most of us shoot have come to the end of the season, so if this is the case, get out there and try something new, I'm sure it would be great for you and I know the people here would love to see different sports covered.

So lets all get out there and shoot, shoot and shoot some more....... you don't have to be the best shooter andyou don't have to have the latest and greatest gear (although it makes the shooters life easier), let's just share what we are getting and have some fun!!!

Happy shooting,

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2008, 8:49 PM   #2

It's not just you. I haven't been shooting much sports lately other than a little baseball and softball. However, those have now ended. I got to shoot spring football today and I have a track meet next week. After that, it'll be a while before I get to do more. I may have to go find some sports.

Paul

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 9:24 PM   #3

There. I've done my part. And there's a horse show coming up in a couple of weeks. There was supposed to be one last weekend, but it was rained out.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 12:53 AM   #4

Im thinking its more of the replies that are slow or non existent. There are plenty of posts with tons of views but if you look down the list, the replies are few and far between.I for one enjoy the input of others' thoughts, constructive or otherwise...even if its an " I dont care for it. ora pat on the back". Although I try to offer as much critique as I feel comfortable in doing-not wanting to give wrong advice-Im as guilty as anyone.Just my .02.
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 10:15 AM   #5
Super Moderator

DRGSin, I agree about the posts on open threads and we are all responsible for that.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"As for new threads I was impressed by the number added so far today.... good work all!
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:07 PM   #6

DRGSin wrote:

I think you nailed it. I was of the impression that we all want some sort of reply to our posting. Otherwise why bother.

Quote:
Im thinking its more of the replies that are slow or non existent. There are plenty of posts with tons of views but if you look down the list, the replies are few and far between.I for one enjoy the input of others' thoughts, constructive or otherwise...even if its an " I dont care for it. ora pat on the back". Although I try to offer as much critique as I feel comfortable in doing-not wanting to give wrong advice-Im as guilty as anyone.Just my .02.
Flying Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2008, 6:06 AM   #7

I post when I get time. Right now with Little League going I will be fairly active but there are big gaps between seasons here. July and August are dead times for me. Plus as photogrpaphy is not my primary source of income the job comes first (and I suspect those people that dial 9-1-1 are glad of it:lol. I will fully admit I am guilty of not posting enough comments on other people's work. Slow times are going to happen, it will pick up again. Keep shooting all...
k1par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2008, 9:25 AM   #8

hi mark,

yeah me too, i have been doing more airbrushing lately, i try to find sports to shoot, i search craigslist for activities trying to find anything! i'm almost to the point of going to the city and shooting some chess matches! just kidding! softball is starting so i will have some. i tried indoor soccer with my 50mm 1.8 but lighting in there is the extremely bad! i think total darkness would be better with the blacklights where eveything glows!
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote