Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old May 17, 2008, 8:18 AM   #1

Here's a selection from a week or so ago,this was the last game of the season and Lamb inn (yellow) won the game 3-0 and also the division title. I did a kids soccer tournament all daylast Saturday, i'mstill editing them (over 12 teams playing)and will post some when i can. Kind regards Graham.

bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2008, 10:41 AM   #2

Great sequence, Graham. The referee in me is reaching for my whistle as I look at #3, and #5 might need a card to go with it, lol. Always enjoy your footy shots because of the level of intensity.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 2:09 PM   #3

Fantastic series! Great action, great color and sharpness too.
jschoenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 8:15 AM   #4
Super Moderator

For me the first shot is the one that jumps out, it has good action but mainly as the colours make it pop. The rest just look flat in comparison. Was that bad weather or something else doing this?

#5 is not too bad either and has the best action of the series.

What will you do with yourself over the summer without the football?
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 9:55 AM   #5

Nice set, you def have the timing right! Bump up contrast and sat a bit and youve got some killer shots.
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 11:06 AM   #6

Paul, thanks for looking in, yes there is definitely an "edge" to these games:lol:.

jschoenr, thanks for the kind words,i see your no sloutch yourself at soccer!!

Mark, Thanks, yes the weather was mainly to blame, butas DRGSin points outI should have bumped up the contrast etc.I run them mainly through a batch "Action" inCS3 and just got lazyI guess:-). IDon't know what to do this summer i've got some cricket to do, a Wedding or 2, and i'm trying to find any local T&F events to cover. I've just this morning picked up my new Nikkor AF-S300 f2.8 so i'm itching to get out!!.

DRGSin, your right i should have boosted the settings a bit will have a play later on thanks for the kind comments.

Kind regards Graham
Old May 18, 2008, 3:50 PM   #7
Super Moderator

bluesman graham wrote:
Quote:
Mark, Thanks, yes the weather was mainly to blame, butas DRGSin points outI should have bumped up the contrast etc.I run them mainly through a batch "Action" inCS3 and just got lazyI guess:-). IDon't know what to do this summer i've got some cricket to do, a Wedding or 2, and i'm trying to find any local T&F events to cover. I've just this morning picked up my new Nikkor AF-S300 f2.8 so i'm itching to get out!!.
LOL, that will teach you to be lazy!!

I bet you are looking forward to playing with the 300 f2.8. I look forward to hearing how you get on with this as I only shoot limited things with a prime.
Old May 18, 2008, 4:11 PM   #8

Thanks Mark, I haveonly everused primes up toThe Sigma zooms which where my first foray into Digi shooting!, I have been in a bit of a conundrum bothwith yourself & JohnG's advice on getting either a prime 300 or the Sigma zoom 120-300 2.8 over the last couple of months!!:?. My reasoning for the final decision was ,"A" I know prime lenses quality is slightly better than zooms!(particularly Nikon's), & "B" I already own a 70-200 zoom + converter so really the 300mm on a 35mm plain is already covered, (my Nikon D2h has a sensor factor of x1.5.). Look forward to posting something soon (could be drivel, but i'm desperate to use it):blah:. Kind regards Graham.
Old May 18, 2008, 4:13 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Sounds good and I know you were concerned about the 120-300 performance problems with some of the Nikon's.

We are looking forward to seeing how your shots come out, although I'm sure you are far more excited to play with it!!
Old May 18, 2008, 4:56 PM   #10
spy

Congrats on your 300! I'll be watching for your posts.

I envy your location as I'm sure you have amazing landscape photo opps. It looks like the guy in the yellow shirt in #3 was getting ready to make contact with the other guys leg in the chops.

Nice contrast in #1.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote