hauntfreaks.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 10:45 AM   #3

hauntfreaks.com wrote:
Quote:
#2 is just a stunning photo
Thanks hauntfreaks!
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 10:48 AM   #4

I like the concept of #2 very much. But this is the type of shot that IMO would have worked better as a panoramic. The square framing really doesn't work as well for me - it has the affect of minimizing the park - when what you really want is to accentuate the huge crowd and the majesty of the park. Just my .02
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:06 AM   #5

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
I like the concept of #2 very much. But this is the type of shot that IMO would have worked better as a panoramic. The square framing really doesn't work as well for me - it has the affect of minimizing the park - when what you really want is to accentuate the huge crowd and the majesty of the park. Just my .02
Thanks John! I see what you mean. I'm going to give it try. BTW Is there a standard ratio for apanoramic?
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:09 AM   #6
Super Moderator

#2 is a good looking shot with the sunset but as John says a little cramped, they eye just wants to see more..... next time

I'm going to be there on the 17th Aug (well whatever the Sunday is) so looking forward to seeing my first baseball game (apart from on TV). I think the seats we have are behind home plate (hmmmm is that the right terminology?) and up pretty high. What camera kit to you think I will be able to get in there with?In honesty I think I will go for the Panasonic TZ-5 rather than one of the dSLR's.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 1:11 PM   #7

Mark1616 wrote:
Quote:
#2 is a good looking shot with the sunset but as John says a little cramped, they eye just wants to see more..... next time

I'm going to be there on the 17th Aug (well whatever the Sunday is) so looking forward to seeing my first baseball game (apart from on TV). I think the seats we have are behind home plate (hmmmm is that the right terminology?) and up pretty high. What camera kit to you think I will be able to get in there with?In honesty I think I will go for the Panasonic TZ-5 rather than one of the dSLR's.
Thanks Mark! I'm playing around with some panoramic views. Will post them as soon I'm done.

Cool! You'll have a great time as long as you wear a Yankees cap or jersey or both :lol: Behind home plate in the uppers are nice seats. Even if you sit in the last row. You get a nice view of the entire stadium. I had no problem bring my 20D, 24-104 f/4 and 10-22mm lenses. I was told no pro lenses, the gray stuff LOLbut at the All-Star Game I saw many with gray lenses. I wish I brought mine
Old Jul 17, 2008, 1:31 PM   #8

Here's a few cropped versions...

Old Jul 17, 2008, 4:22 PM   #9

cmoy,

Unfortunately a crop doesn't work the same as stitching a pano - you have more distortion showing when you crop.

Although #2 probably comes closest I'd still like to see more width to the pano - plus by cropping you lose too much of the bottom part of the field.

So it's more like a suggestion for next time rather than trying to crop this photo to fit the concept.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 4:25 PM   #10

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
cmoy,

Unfortunately a crop doesn't work the same as stitching a pano - you have more distortion showing when you crop.

Although #2 probably comes closest I'd still like to see more width to the pano - plus by cropping you lose too much of the bottom part of the field.

So it's more like a suggestion for next time rather than trying to crop this photo to fit the concept

Thanks John! I'll have to compose a little more carefully next time.