Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Aug 31, 2008, 9:53 PM   #1

I went to the NU-WMU football game last night. The flyover was performed by a pair of National Guard helicopters. For those of you who are unaware, the NU defense is nucknamed the Blackshirts and their logo is a skull and cross bones. The players will "throw the bones" by crossing their arms after an exceptional play sometimes. So I am going through my pictures tonight and came to this one of the helicopter as it went overhead. I couldn't see it at the time, but there is a crewman hanging out the window "throwing the bones" to the crowd.

Fullsize:

Cropped:

NotDadsW41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2008, 11:49 PM   #2

Welcome to the sports forum!

If you don't mind a piece of advice, if you're going to shoot choppers, you want a much slower shutter speed so you can see some movement in the rotors. Around 1/160 will show some movement. It just looks unnatural to have the rotors frozen.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2008, 8:12 AM   #3

Thanks John! No time to adjust settings for these shots. These guys were supposed to come over at the end of the National Anthem. But they were about 10 minutes late. I had about two seconds from the time we heard them to pick up the camera and and catch them as they buzzed over head.

NotDadsW41 is offline   Reply With Quote