Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Oct 17, 2008, 12:42 AM   #1

Some images to sharefrom recent and past sporting events.

The pool action images were takne during the World 10 Ball championship.

Hope you guys like it.

Thank for viewing.

Basketball "In your face"

Thanks for viewing.

jmdesign-digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2008, 7:23 AM   #2

Thanks for sharing and welcome to Steve's and to the sports forum. Definitely don't get a lot of billiards here

Here are some thoughts on the posted shots:

shot 1. Mis-focus or motion blur (tough to tell because exif is stripped).

shot 2. Watch your horizons - the shot is a bit crooked. Again motion blur or missed focus renders the face not sharp.

shot 3. I l ike it. I would suggest getting a bit lower though so you're not shooting at so much of a downward angle. Getting lower will give more impact to the eyes as well as the motion of the balll.

shot 4. This shot has the most potential of the bunch IMO. But, the eyes are the most important part - they should be closer to the top of the frame (i.e. if the top of the frame cut off at his elbow) - with the current framing there is a lot of deadspace and having the eyes so low in the frame lessens their impact.

basketball: nice timing on the shot. The tough thing here is the background - it's not a good background to have in such focus. With such a background you have to pick your angles and focl lengths carefully - shoot as much strait down the court as you can. Also, it's difficult to tell from the size posted but at least at this size there isn't much detail in the face of the shooter. Can't tell if it's in focus or not.

I think you're definitely off to a good start in both sports. Keep working at it and keep seeking feedback and I think you'll have some great looking images.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2008, 8:08 AM   #3

Thanks John

I really appreciate your comments. It will greatly help me in the future. More power to you.

jmdesign-digital is offline   Reply With Quote