Old Dec 9, 2008, 6:11 PM   #1

Attached Images

ecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2008, 6:12 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old Dec 23, 2008, 7:31 PM   #3

I sure hope someone steps up and gets this violent and barbaric so called sport outlawed.
It is a disgrace to the sport of boxing.

My two cents.
Flying Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 8:30 PM   #4

What is so disgraceful about it? There are rules - this isn't the fake pro wrestling with people being slammed into the cage etc.

The very thing that makes MMA interesting to so many people is that it is NOT boxing. The concept is to allow people from all different fighting backgrounds to compete against one another. In traditional martial arts you would always fight within you're own style - grappler against grappler, karate against karate, etc. MMA was designed to find out who was the 'best of the best' regardless of background. In that respect it's very interesting because the strategy is so much more complex than boxing.

I respect boxers as well. But I fail to see how it is any more honorable than MMA. Both are based upon the same principle of one-on-one physical combat within the confines of rules and safety to protect the participants as much as is possible given the violent nature of the sport.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2008, 12:34 AM   #5

Great pics from a great sport. I cannot wait for the fights coming up this weekend in the UFC. I just wish I could get close enough to attempt some of those shots.
mdfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2008, 8:34 AM   #6

fossil,

i respect your opinion, that being said i agree it is no different than boxing, kickboxing or martial arts tournaments. I also have great respect for these guys because i dont care if you watch an amateur, semi pro or pro fight there is always a tremendous amount of respect between the two fighters, and that is shown after the fight when they shake each others hand and continue on about their lives. but i always accept any form of criticism good or bad. however i do shoot these for a local promoter and if anybody has suggestions for improvement that would be greatly appreciated. ecap