Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:06 PM   #1

Had to set up a new account for some reason??. Anyway here's a few pics from a game this weekend. C&C welcome. Kind regards Graham.

[url=]

]
bluesman graham2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:28 PM   #2
Administrator

bluesman graham2 wrote:
Quote:
Had to set up a new account for some reason??.
What were the symptoms when you tried to login under your original member name?

I just checked your account info and can't find anything obviously wrong with it. I resaved the member name information, just in case something didn't store correctly.

I'd click on "Logout", click on "Login", then use the "Reset the Cookie used by this board" link you'll find on the login screen.

Then, try logging in using member name bluesman graham and see what happens. The forums were moved to new servers recently, so that may have caused your issue.

Also, make sure you're using the correct URL to the forums:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com

If you use the old address at http://www.stevesforums.com, it can cause login and cookie problems. See this old reminder about it:

A reminder - set bookmarks to forums.steves-digicams.com

Please me know if your original name works or not after you logout and reset cookies. Just send me a PM and I can dig into it if the problem persists.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2009, 8:49 AM   #3
Administrator

P.S.

Great captures!

Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:21 PM   #4

Thanks Jim!, the only way i can log in even with the new account is via the activation email sent to me?? my original account will not register under any cercumstances? & the new one neither when i visit the forums page direct from my favourites (I have the new address!). Any ideas?. Kind regards Graham.

PS the pics are from a coca-cola division 1 match.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 1:15 PM   #5
Administrator

The problem may be that you have two different member names using the same e-mail address, and the software's system for resetting a password may not be working correctly for both member names (and the only option it gives you for resetting a password is the e-mail address, not the member name you're having issues with).

I'll reset the password for blues graham and send you a new one via a PM (Private Message) to blues graham 2.

Reset the cookie for the forums after you get the PM. You can click here to do that, and it will bring you back to the login prompt:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...reset_cookie=1

Then, try logging in as blues graham with the password I'll send you via a PM.

After you're logged in as blues graham, you can click on the "My Account" button at the top of each forum's page, then click on the "Password" tab and change it to something else. Here's a direct link to change it:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...nge_password=1

Please let me know if that works for you. I'll have a new password to you in a couple of minutes.

Old Apr 7, 2009, 2:10 PM   #6

Now i'm logged in??? I don't understand whats going on Jim but Ilogged in under the new account? said "i was'nt logged in" but am!!. Tried your new password for the original account but said "error in username or password". Kind regards graham.
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2009, 2:51 PM   #7
Administrator

That's strange. Did you reset your cookies first? If not, you may have gotten in since I was resetting the password earlier and it may have not been flagged as logged out. I'd reset your password to something else to make sure it's going to work everywhere while you're logged in under Blues Graham.

Just click on this link to change it. If it says the old password isn't valid, try the one I sent you via PM for the old password, then enter a new one of your choice and save the changes (and I'd log in and out to make sure the one you set it to works OK after that).

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...nge_password=1

Old Apr 7, 2009, 3:21 PM   #8

Hi Jim I've sent you an email! I have logged in again using the activate link for my 2nd account!, you keep asking me to use the PM but i cannot access this without logging in which is what i can't do ??!!. If you need to send any info it must be via email?. Kind regards Graham
Old Apr 7, 2009, 3:53 PM   #9
Administrator

I'll send an e-mail to your e-mail address (the one you're using for both member names here) with my e-mail address and contact info, so you can reach me if you're still having any issues.

My guess is that the use of the same e-mail address for both member names is causing the quirks. See the e-mail I sent you and reply if you are still having any issues. We'll get it straightened out.

Old Apr 12, 2009, 10:10 AM   #10

These are spectacualr footie shots. A higher level of play too and great action.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote