Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:27 PM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Default The Goalie's Anxiety At The Penalty Kick

Title from a book by German author Peter Handke, "Die Angst des Tormanns beim Elfmeter"
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Aug 14, 2009 at 9:58 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2009, 3:55 AM   #2

Default Wow

When I saw the title "...goalie's anxiety..." I was anticipating some tight shot of a face from which I would feel some emotion. While I am always open to interpretation I can't tell there is any anxiety, no proof of a penalty shot, no ball, no opposing players, nothing.

For all I can tell, from the photo, is that the goalie is feeling anxiety because there is a penalty kick at the other end of the field.

The only anxiety I feel is from the lack of any compositional technique. The most interesting thing in the picture is the building behind the goalie, but then the goalie becomes a distraction to that.

Too much DoF, no point of focus, cluttered...

Chad

Love some of your nature photos!
Africa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2009, 5:52 AM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa View Post
When I saw the title "...goalie's anxiety..." I was anticipating some tight shot of a face from which I would feel some emotion. While I am always open to interpretation I can't tell there is any anxiety, no proof of a penalty shot, no ball, no opposing players, nothing.

For all I can tell, from the photo, is that the goalie is feeling anxiety because there is a penalty kick at the other end of the field.

The only anxiety I feel is from the lack of any compositional technique. The most interesting thing in the picture is the building behind the goalie, but then the goalie becomes a distraction to that.

Too much DoF, no point of focus, cluttered...

Chad

Love some of your nature photos!

Africa,

Thank you very much for viewing and the comments. The purpose of this picture is only to provide a setting and let the viewer carry the burden of putting into place whatever he/she wants. It's an invitation

You can call it litterary, if you want. In this country it common with a keen interest in football by authors, painters and other so called "intellectuals" (stupid word btw) and there is often an underlying football (soccer) context in works of art.

In my home city the world's largest football tournament takes place every year. It's called "Gothia Cup" where youth from all countries gather to meet each other, in matches as well as in cafés, clubs and alike.

For a couple of weeks the city flourishes and it is a pure joy to walk the streets

http://gothiacup.se/eng/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothia_Cup

Thank you again Africa

Torgny

Btw This is the ticket booth to one of the arenas. The ticket booth is seldomly used. It's basically free of charge. Don't know of any privately owned sports arena. You are very welcome. There is more sun inside
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Aug 16, 2009 at 7:14 AM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote