Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Aug 22, 2009, 1:29 PM   #1

Default classic Racing, Bishopscourt !!

Maxsamsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2009, 8:49 PM   #2

Very nice pix, again, Max. I especially like the Norton...'heavy twin' as they call it in my workshop manual. I have the heavy twin in my Matchless...Atlas 750cc engine with sports cams, dual Amals.

The Honda also takes me back and that Seeley...I've read about them, never seen one, don't think too many made their way to the Canadian prairies.

Pictures well exposed...just as I like it, to see all the details while the bikes are at speed. For a motorcycle enthusiast like myself, who has viewed many pictures of vintage (and modern) racing bikes over the years...I like this style of photo.

For the enthusiast I would say they are well done...we like to see the detail.

Thanks for providing these pictures of vintage bikes, much appreciated not only for the shots, but the style which I try to emulate.

Last edited by lesmore49; Aug 22, 2009 at 8:54 PM.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2009, 5:50 AM   #3

Thank's Lesmore, was thinking about you when the Classic's came out on the track!!
I normaly go for a Coffee when they come out !!! Not realy my sort of racing, saying that i enjoyed them yesterday, must be getting old ??? The racing season is nearly over but if their is any more Classic's i will take some for you.

Regards Tom
Maxsamsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2009, 4:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxsamsung View Post
Thank's Lesmore, was thinking about you when the Classic's came out on the track!!
I normaly go for a Coffee when they come out !!! Not realy my sort of racing, saying that i enjoyed them yesterday, must be getting old ??? I'm from the era when many of the vintage bikes were new...I'm old . The sounds they make also have an appeal, everything from rare, high revving 4 cyl. Dohc (MV's), to OHV Twins (Modified Nortons, BSA's, Matchless, Triumph) to big singles like Matchless and Norton and BSA Gold Star...not just a visual, but an aural treat.The racing season is nearly over but if their is any more Classic's i will take some for you.Thank you, Ireland seems to have a very active racing season.

Regards Tom
The modern stuff is nice too, but more often covered by race fairings, moreso than the older stuff...hard to see the mechanicals.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote