Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Aug 23, 2009, 3:54 PM   #1

Default Yorkshire Leage Cricket

Here's a few pics from a game on Saturday! WELL DONE ENGLAND!!,(for those who do not know England were playing the Aussies in a cricket tourny calles the "Ashes" held every 2 years. The Aussies think there the Dogs Dangles at cricket & so to beat them is like the US beating they're very worst nemisis in any sport!!!!. Kind regards Graham

never got in the right spot for the skittled wickets this weekend

Last edited by bluesman graham; Aug 23, 2009 at 4:09 PM.
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 26, 2009, 4:00 PM   #2

No comments??,not even a backlash from Aussie TG (Tom). I'll do a deal!!. You Yanks comment on our "Euro" sports & I'll make a twit of myself trying to comment on your large selection of unfathonable sports!. Kind regards Graham.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 4:19 AM   #3

Graham, possibly still reeling from the result, but well done England! Good pictures, I like #6,#7 and #8 with the 'bails'. Tried doing some 'local Ladies cricket' recently, but sadly results not good. Steve
swaagate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:22 PM   #4
TG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman graham View Post
No comments??,not even a backlash from Aussie TG (Tom).
Was so devastated with the result was unable to post a reply for days. Seriously congratulations on the Ashes and great set of pics, sharp, great color and exposure. Excellent timing on number six with the ball hitting the wickets and the bails in the air (single shot or contious shooting).

Tom
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:33 PM   #5

Graham, although, as a yank, I don't have a clue as to what they are doing, I CAN favorably comment on the quality of the photos. They are excellent. Nos. 6,7,and 8 are interesting, and while I don't understand the significance of the flying pieces, I have to admit they are quite sharp and well composed, Nice work... Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2009, 6:33 AM   #6

Sorry for the late reply guys been away, whent down for the Challenge cup Rugby League Final at Wemberly in London (we lost).

Hi Swaagate, godda admit to how they feel after the RL result, I'm gutted!!

Hi Tom, thanks for the comments, Is Ricky ponting allowed home after leading 2 ashes defeats?. #6 was a 3 frame burst with this being the best of them (I very rarley shoot more than 3 in sequence as, even with 8 at my disposal, if you ain't got it in the first few frames you've missed it anyway!!).

Hello Robert, & thank you for your input sir!. It's a strange game but it's not unlike baseball in a way, except instead of running round bases you run between 2 sets of wickets (the 3 wooden legs). the "fielding" side has to remove the batsmen by knocking off the bails "flying pieces" either by bowling, "pitching", them out or catching the ball without a bounce. there's also LBW (leg before wicket) where the umpire "referee" deems the batter stopped the ball hitting the wickets with his leg which is also a dismissal. Each team consists of 11 men who must be removed for the batting term to be over. Each team has so many "overs" ( 1 over = 6 balls) either end to remove the batters, in this case it's 70 (6x70) for each team!. In Test cricket (ie the Ashes) they play for up to 5 days with both sides having 2 x goes each "innings" with many more overs.

This is obviously a simplication of the set up with many tactical variations as i'm sure there is in Baseball but I hope it explains a little about the game for you U.S cousins!. Kind regards Graham.