Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Oct 11, 2009, 9:12 AM   #1
crb

Default Soccer/Break dancing not sure LOL

Now these are my first attempt at sports pictures. Criticism is welcome. My camera is a canon sx10is in some of the pictures I did use a circular polarizer. I haven't really gotten to touch the pictures up.

I had a hard time keeping the ref out of my picture.

I was sitting in a chair on the sidelines it probably would have helped if I was up moving around. By the way I think this is U8 soccer, not sure it is actually my brother-inlaw playing.

My mother-inlaw loves the 3rd picture because he never smiles for pictures. I don't know how I caught it. LOL

I am amazed until recently i just didn't care about pictures/photography, but it is amazing the things you can capture forever just like freezing time. I think I got bit by "the bug"

Last edited by crb; Oct 11, 2009 at 10:59 AM.
crb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2009, 9:13 AM   #2
crb

Hope these are better uploads! Thanks for advice

Last edited by crb; Oct 11, 2009 at 11:04 AM.
crb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2009, 9:30 AM   #3

Quote:
If these are not big enough I can post them larger.
If you would like people to provide critique, my suggestion is to post <10 photos sized around 800x600 and numbered. That way people can refer to a photo number (without having to count down to know which one they want to comment on). These photos are sized too small to make much meaningful critique on.

The one comment I can make in looking at these and the attached EXIF information - you need to zoom in more. You want your subject(s) to dominate the frame - a number of the photos have a lot of uninteresting dead space in them which distracts the viewer from your subjects. And, looking at the exif in those photos you had plenty of zoom left in the camera. People can give you additional advice after you swap these for larger files.

P.S. Putting my moderator hat on, I'm going to suggest editing your post to include the larger files rather then using an additional post - once the larger files are included there's no need for these small ones.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote