Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:21 AM   #1

Default New Pro Nikon out-102,800 ISO, 11 FPS !!

I wonder if this camera will be received by sports shooters. I'm a Pentax guy, but I have to admit...the specs are amazing on this new Nikon.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/news/...onal_dslr.html
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:34 AM   #2

Well,
THe D3 is regarded as the best sports camera on the market. But we'll have to wait and see how it works in the field. Since they re-designed the sensor there may be an positive change in noise performance or a negative change. One thing is certain - I'm glad to see Nikon is smart enough to realize megapixels arent that important - keeping it at 12mp. All hail a company that finally realizes quality is better than quantity for the sports shooter.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Well,
THe D3 is regarded as the best sports camera on the market. But we'll have to wait and see how it works in the field. Since they re-designed the sensor there may be an positive change in noise performance or a negative change. One thing is certain - I'm glad to see Nikon is smart enough to realize megapixels arent that important - keeping it at 12mp. All hail a company that finally realizes quality is better than quantity for the sports shooter.
The MP thing, as you say isn't everything. I have a photog buddy with a Canon 30D and it's only rated at around 8.2 MP's.

However, even though this camera is a number of years old, has older technology and only a measly 8.2 MP's...the picture quality is spectacular.

Of course he has some really fine Canon primes...but still...MP's aren't the whole deal. I still don't feel I need to replace my aging 10.2 MP Pentax K10D...the pix IMO are great and I so far can't see any quality difference in images with my K10D and my friend's 30D compared to other newer, more tech advanced equipment...these 2 oldies (K10D+ 30D) can still knock it out of the park.

I take mostly vintage special interest vehicles in the summer and wildlife shots / landscapes in the winter.

I'm not a sport's shooter, although I admire their work.

Last edited by lesmore49; Oct 14, 2009 at 7:19 PM.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote