Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 20, 2010, 4:07 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 441
Default William Dunlop



William Dunlop, Deers Leap Ulster Grand Prix !!
Maxsamsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2010, 4:13 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
shoturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Frankfurt AM
Posts: 11,348
Default

very nice shot of the R6
__________________
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2010, 4:19 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 385
Default

Not usually a big fan of street bikes (was always afraid of that asphalt). But this shot is really cool - I like it a lot.

Only nit is the mad scientist standing far left. You really can't crop him out because it kills the mood with the bike having no where to go. It might work nicely if you could clone him out.

Andy
__________________
Andy
www.AndyGriffinPhoto.com
Canon 7D
griffina6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2010, 6:54 PM   #4
Super Moderator
 
Mark1616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffina6 View Post
Only nit is the mad scientist standing far left. You really can't crop him out because it kills the mood with the bike having no where to go. It might work nicely if you could clone him out.

Andy
Great shoot for sure and I agree with the clone. Here is a quick and dirty attempt, I will remove it if you like.

Would love to see more from the day.
Attached Images
 
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2010, 6:56 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Wingman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG
Posts: 4,315
Default

Great shot...the panning is just enough to convey the speed! Nice work on the clone Mark!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2010, 9:42 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Great shoot for sure and I agree with the clone. Here is a quick and dirty attempt, I will remove it if you like.

Would love to see more from the day.
It was a really nice photo before but this edit makes it great! Nice job to both of you.

Andy
__________________
Andy
www.AndyGriffinPhoto.com
Canon 7D
griffina6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:04 PM   #7
Super Moderator
 
Hards80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 9,046
Default

great action shot. the cloning helps alot too.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:28 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 3,076
Default

Great action pictures. Is William any relation to the exceptionally skilled racer, the late Joey Dunlop ?
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 1:29 AM   #9
Super Moderator
 
Mark1616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Great action pictures. Is William any relation to the exceptionally skilled racer, the late Joey Dunlop ?
Unless mistaken William would be the son of Robert Dunlop who was (died in a crash 2008) the brother of the slightly better known William 'Joey' Dunlop. William is a family name as the father or Robert and Joey was Willie.

Michael, who is the brother of William also races.

Last edited by Mark1616; Feb 21, 2010 at 1:32 AM.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:19 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 3,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Unless mistaken William would be the son of Robert Dunlop who was (died in a crash 2008) the brother of the slightly better known William 'Joey' Dunlop. William is a family name as the father or Robert and Joey was Willie.

Michael, who is the brother of William also races.
Thanks for the info, Mark.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.