Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:43 AM   #1

Default A Few more U.G.P

Maxsamsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:02 PM   #2

Nice set of shots. You might want to plan you position to a bit different or edit the turn sign out of the background next time.
schent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:11 PM   #3
Super Moderator

i really love the action you have captured again. i really like the first 2 and the last 2.

looks like your white balance is off a bit, which would give you a little more latitude to get some more contrast out of them once you fix it. here is a quick and very dirty example.
Attached Images

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:24 PM   #4

deff a difference there, i would recomend more shutter too, looks like some of them are a little blured?
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:38 AM   #5

Great series, what there a 250cc in shot 4. I agree with hards, number 1 is a great action shot. I also think number 5 show the fight happening between the racers quite well. Thanks for shearing these great motorcycle shots.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 4:02 AM   #6

Hi and thanks for your comments, the bike in shot 4 is Ian Lougher on a 125cc Honda. Number 26 in shot 5 is a 250cc Honda.
I must get my computer screen callibrated ??

Last edited by Maxsamsung; Feb 22, 2010 at 4:06 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 4:25 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunkiee View Post
deff a difference there, i would recomend more shutter too, looks like some of them are a little blured?
I think you are referring to the one with the 2 bikes. This is at 1/350 which is the slowest Max used, the others were 1/500 and 1/750s.

Personally for me at this angle the 1/500s is about right, but I would like to see some pushing the limits of slower shutter to get some more movement into them as you pan across.

The 1st and 2nd are my faves, the 4 looks a little OoF but still a lovely series for sure, I do miss shooting motorsport.

Don't be afraid to frame a little tighter and shoot portrait too as you have a couple where you are pulled back to 160mm so could have gone for 200mm portrait orientation for more detail...... just a thought and something else to play with LOL.

What is the next event you are shooting at?
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:07 AM   #8

Hi Mark, The Road race season kicks off around April with the Cookstown 100 not my Favorite race the Marshals keep you well back, so not many good vantage points for taking shots.But will give it my best shot. There are a few short circuit meetings before that so will prob go to some of them, to see how the wrist holds up to a days shooting ???? Cheer's for now Tom