Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Jun 26, 2010, 6:55 AM   #1

Default soccer

been so fixated on the newbie/what camera to buy sections i never knew this existed. some from soccer.(using my new gear t2i and 75-300 non is lense in sports mode
Attached Images

jmp2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2010, 7:22 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Glad you found the sports section, although not the most active we have some good shooters, especially JohnG so you can get some good advice.

Sports is one of the hardest areas to do well in photography, but also one of the most rewarding.

You are off to a good start with getting the ball in the frame, this is key in football and other ball sports. A way to really give the photos a lift is to capture the faces, without these you are missing the connection with the players and also a lot of expression and emotion. It does mean you have less shooting opportunities but also a lot less photos that don't tell the story.

I'm hoping that we will see more sports photos from you and I'm looking forward to seeing the progression you make.

Mark

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2010, 7:41 AM   #3

you'll see more from me for sure.i have 4 children and we do soccer , softball(fast pitch) ice hockey and ball hockey . Capturing them in sports is one of my main passions for photography.....And the shots of the backs ? i was actually just shooting randomly for the first time with the camera at soccer just to see what it was capble of. Here of some from ball a couple years ago with my s5is
Attached Images

Old Jun 26, 2010, 8:45 AM   #4
Super Moderator

That's cool.... the S5 shots came out well.

If you get a spare moment and want have a look at some sports shooting ideas then I put this together a couple of years ago. New to sports shooting and wonder if you can improve?!?!

Hope it helps.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2010, 8:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
That's cool.... the S5 shots came out well.

If you get a spare moment and want have a look at some sports shooting ideas then I put this together a couple of years ago. New to sports shooting and wonder if you can improve?!?!

Hope it helps.
excellent ! thanks!!