another...
Attached Images

NoFlashPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2010, 2:17 AM   #4

and one more...
Attached Images

Old Jul 10, 2010, 7:17 AM   #5

the first two are pristine, very nice work. where are you taking these, if i may ask? if you havent already, you may want to pick up a copy of transworld or thrasher magazine to get some reference material. there may be some money in selling those shots (like the first 2) to more obscure skater publications (vapors magazine).
themadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2010, 9:41 AM   #6

you are getting the idea, you should get a flikr, it will really help with your upload quality.

but these are getting good man.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 11:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadness View Post
the first two are pristine, very nice work. where are you taking these, if i may ask? if you havent already, you may want to pick up a copy of transworld or thrasher magazine to get some reference material. there may be some money in selling those shots (like the first 2) to more obscure skater publications (vapors magazine).
Thank you very much. These shots were just shot at my local skatepark.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 11:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunkiee View Post
you are getting the idea, you should get a flikr, it will really help with your upload quality.

but these are getting good man.
Thanks, I was wondering about flikr.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:48 PM   #9
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunkiee View Post
As long as you do not exceed the limits shown for file size and dimensions when using the attachments manager here, the forums software doesn't modify the images in any way, so quality is not degraded. I can tell that those were not modified, since the EXIF is still intact.

Now when you do exceed the limits set for file size (260,000 bytes or 253.9KB) or dimensions (1024 pixels on the longest side), then the forums software will downsize and recompress the images, and you will end up with degraded quality compared to the images you're uploading. The EXIF will also be stripped out.

Not everyone has high speed internet, so larger file sizes increase page load times significantly for users with dial up access.

Some members have usage based data plans, too (so larger file sizes can increase their cost of viewing the forums), and as smart phone and tablet type devices grow in popularity using 3G type data services, the number of users impacted by larger file sizes will likely increase over time.

Not everyone has a higher resolution display either (the most common monitor resolution in use on the internet is still 1024x768). Lots of users have netbooks, smartphones and other devices used to access forums, too. In fact, I'm traveling and typing this post using a little Eee PC right now with 1024 x 600 resolution. ;-)

So, larger images make it very difficult for many users to view an image (since they can't see the entire image without scrolling, meaning they can only see a part of it at any given time)

So, even if you're using another site to host photos, we still prefer that both file sizes and dimensions for images are kept to a reasonable size, to prevent problems for members. We don't have any automated checks in place to limit images embedded in posts for file size and dimensions when they're hosted on other sites, and I'll ignore images that are a little larger. But if I see someone posting larger images very often, I will sometimes remove the img tags and leave a link instead, and either comment about it in the thread, or send the member a note about it.

IOW, regardless of the host you're using, we prefer that you just post links to images versus embedding them in posts, unless they are no larger than 1024 pixels (even smaller is better) on their longest side, with file sizes that are not too large.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2010, 11:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadness View Post
Do you actually think I could photograph for a skate magazine in the future?