Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Sep 18, 2010, 1:22 PM   #21

I'm away from my computer right now, and don't have access to PSE. The following is a link to a page on Adobe's website. It describes the process of resizing and cropping images in Photoshop and Photoshop Express. Perhaps you can find what you need there:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/331/331327.html
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2010, 8:08 PM   #22

I'm using PSE 6. Under the Image menu, there's a Resize submenu that contains an Image Size... command. When I select that, a dialog box appears, similar to this:

In the top part of the dialog box, in the Pixel Dimensions: control group, make sure the popup lists select a unit of Pixels, and enter the dimentions you want the final image to have. You can specify any number for Width:, and because the Constrain Proportions check box at the bottom of the dialog box is checked, the the correct value for Height: will automatically appear.

Steve's doesn't like images to be too big because people with smaller monitors will not be able to see an entire image.800x600 is a good size, but some people go larger.

When you've selected a width and height, click OK, and then select the Save As... command from the File menu, and save the image with a different name.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2010, 8:24 PM   #23

I got it (with you help of course). Thanks so much for your help and time.
gwill is offline   Reply With Quote