Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:45 AM   #11

yea i couldnt take a lens any longer than 6in and where do u rent lenses at?
zombz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombz View Post
yea i couldnt take a lens any longer than 6in and where do u rent lenses at?
Was there restrictions there? I wanted to go to the Times Union Center in Albany,NY for Div I Siena game. I sent them a note, and they said no professional camera's. I don't want to get stopped coming in arguing that my XSi camera is not a professional camera?
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:16 PM   #13

the restirctions at the dome were still images only and no lens longer than 6in idk the rules for the union center check with them alot of places are different some places consider any camera with a lens professional
zombz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:19 PM   #14

Also worth noting that you're often up against staff that couldn't care less about your "rights as a photographer" so a given usher or security guard may have a more strict interpretation of what's allowed. So unless you have good first hand knowledge that a venue will allow your DSLR in, be prepared that you might have to take it back to the car. You're rarely going to win an argument with staff that your camera is allowed in per their stated policy.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Also worth noting that you're often up against staff that couldn't care less about your "rights as a photographer" so a given usher or security guard may have a more strict interpretation of what's allowed. So unless you have good first hand knowledge that a venue will allow your DSLR in, be prepared that you might have to take it back to the car. You're rarely going to win an argument with staff that your camera is allowed in per their stated policy.
Yeah, that is what I am worried about. I know when I went there for a concert, they had a sign no camera with detachable lens, but I am not sure about Basketball.
One of my son's goes to Siena, and plays in the band for the team. He can get me floor seats right under the basket, which would be perfect. I will have him check into it. I sent them a note, and they had a one line answer, "no professional cameras"
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote