Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:53 AM   #1

Default A Few for Lesmore

Found a few Classics for you !!!

Maxsamsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:32 PM   #2

Max,

Lovely pictures...nice to see those old sports cars ...doing what they were designed originally for...carving up corners at speed.

The bike if I'm not mistaken is an old Manx Norton....not sure if it is a 500cc or 350cc....I've only heard them a few times...a glorious sound.

Your a lucky man having access to all those wonderful old sporting machines. In Western Canada we rarely see any vintage European vehicles....lot's of domestic muscle cars here, which are fine...

I haven't been to this particular forum for awhile...but thank you and I very much appreciate those great pictures of fine old classics in racing form.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:39 PM   #3

nice old norton, it looks to be is pretty good sharp
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:08 PM   #4

Your more than welcome lesmore, i will make it a point to shoot more Classic machines for you next year!! shoturtle, these guys realy look after there machines, cant be easy finding parts for some of the more exclusive and rare machines ???

Regards Tom
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxsamsung View Post
Your more than welcome lesmore, i will make it a point to shoot more Classic machines for you next year!! shoturtle, these guys realy look after there machines, cant be easy finding parts for some of the more exclusive and rare machines ???

Regards Tom
Thank you Max.

I have a couple of vintage machines...both motorcycles. One is a '67 Matchless G15 CS Scrambler.

It is a factory hybrid...the 750cc Norton engine...shoehorned in the lighter Matchless frame...racing Lyta gas tank, has skidplates, factory elongated , beefed up Norton Roadholder forks , twin Amal carbs, sports cam, low gearing, Dunlop Universal Trials tires...originally designed for US desert racing...not many of them made....North American market only...few 'exported' back to UK.

As you say parts are easy to get, but I've found a British parts dealer in Canada that has everything...even Matchless Tank badges.

Les
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:36 AM   #6

Hi Les, would love to see a photo of your bikes ??? Put a set of race tyres on her and get over here and race it lol
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxsamsung View Post
Hi Les, would love to see a photo of your bikes ??? Put a set of race tyres on her and get over here and race it lol

Max,

I'm not very good with the computer. I don't know how to post my pictures onto websites. I've tried but my aging brain...doesn't seem to get it.

But i can figure out links. I hope this comes through...this is an advert that ran when the bike was new....the bike in this advert is the same kind I have. I recall this advert in Cycle World and Cycle...US magazines. When I was a young man...I saw the G15CS and N15CS (Norton-same as the Matchless-different badging) and I wanted one badly. Took me 30+ years.

The one in the picture has straight pipes...that's the way they originally came (not designed for street)...but AMC discovered that people were using them for street bikes...and slapped on Atlas mufflers later in production. Mine has the Atlas (Norton) mufflers.

It has very low gearing (Scrambler ratios)...think it's around 5 to 1 (4.93 if memory serves me)...so it's not a high speed bike....will run up to 105-110 mph, then it's at max revs in 4th gear..the acceleration is brutal though for an old motorcycle....but no Suzuki Hayabusa...LOL.

Les
http://vintagemotorcycles.files.word...pg?w=110&h=150

Last edited by lesmore49; Nov 22, 2010 at 4:40 PM.