Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Nov 28, 2010, 6:33 PM   #1

Default Playoff HS Football...

So my old HS won a giant game last night, with that said here are some of the photos... Comment away! Excuse the mess I made with these photos. In my excitement and haste I lined these photos up terrible. That is what I get for not locking my lens in place. Otherwise comment away! Also I know photo 2 is crap, but I posted it for the coaches reaction! LOLz!

Last edited by Bruceswar; Nov 28, 2010 at 7:08 PM.
Bruceswar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:46 AM   #2

I think you did a nice job here. You've got some good celebration shots and some good action. The biggest issue is WB - definite yellow cast which is common with available light football. Second issue is underexposure for faces - especially with lighting that bright you should up the exposure so you can see more of the faces.

You also want to correct some of the crooked photos - it can be tough to get everything strait in-camera but it's easily fixable when you crop the photos in post.

Nice job.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:10 AM   #3

I agree that they are very good photos. The one nit that I would pick is with #2 -- the subject of this photo to my mind is the opposing team's faces as the player makes the catch. I would prefer the focus to be on them in that shot.
tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2010, 3:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
I think you did a nice job here. You've got some good celebration shots and some good action. The biggest issue is WB - definite yellow cast which is common with available light football. Second issue is underexposure for faces - especially with lighting that bright you should up the exposure so you can see more of the faces.

You also want to correct some of the crooked photos - it can be tough to get everything strait in-camera but it's easily fixable when you crop the photos in post.

Nice job.

You pretty much got everything I was thinking. I am still pretty ticked over the crooked photos. That is just a common stupid error!

@tclune - The photo was posted more as a funny photo to show the look on the coaches face.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:11 PM   #5

....all in all this is a nice set, was game Mesquite - Highland Park (Texas)?
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
....all in all this is a nice set, was game Mesquite - Highland Park (Texas)?

Sure was. Hell of a game Mesquite Poteet, and not Mesquite though.