Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:30 AM   #1

Default Snowball Derby 1

First, we need a forum for rank amateur race shooters. I will not pretend to be good at this, I do people and animals mostly, so I am out of my element here. My wife and her girlfriend from Niceville convinced me to go even though I was sick and had a low grade fever. Additionally, I brought only my 28-300 Tamron, so I was behind the eight ball from the git-go. OK, I'll stop cryin' and post some pics, but I have to say this- I shot 309 pics, and had maybe 50 that I would categorize as keepers. Welcome back to the film days!

1)My wife and Mary Ann

2)Another one..

3)Let's eat!

4)Don't try this at home!

5)JoHanna Long(10), and John Bolen, Jasper Alabama. Johanna is a Pensacola native, one of three that raced Sunday.

6)Johanna and her number 10 Chevy Impala SS.

7)Number nine, Chase Elliott. Yes he's Nascar Great Bill Elliott's 15 year old son. The night before,(Sat night), he won the Snowflake 100. He didn't fare as well in the Snowball, however, coming in at number 17.

8)These racers never quit, never say die. This is number 97, Jimmy Garmon, from Hoschtom, Ga., before the pile-up just out of turn one.

9)This is the same car limping into pit row, I thought he was through at this point...

10)He would not be denied. He finished the race in tenth place, out of a field of 37 starters.

11)Not sure what this was about, but they stood on that tractor for a couple of hours.

To be continued....

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2010, 2:31 AM   #2

Hi Robert,
I love the portraits, 1 is really super of your Wife and her Friend. 2 is great having all the action going on behind with the cars and the cuing people really gives a feel for the place.
5 looks like the actions happening with the movement on the background and great panning by you, the cars look so clear. Great job.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2010, 8:10 PM   #3

Thanks Mark, I reckon I like doing people and animal shots better than anything else. I envy you your savvy on landscapes, I think you have a lot of winners.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is online now   Reply With Quote