Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Sep 3, 2011, 8:06 PM   #1

Default Baltimore Grand Prix

American LeMans racing at the Baltimore Grand Prix today. Sorry for the heavy PP, but I like it like that
Attached Images

Pure Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2011, 9:45 PM   #2

One more
Attached Images

Old Sep 16, 2011, 3:05 PM   #3

Great shots, Evo. I'm envious...I really wanted to to attend that race since I'm only about two and a half ours away (Shenandoah Valley), but my schedule wouldn't allow it. I bet the sound of exhaust notes bouncing off the buildings was amazing! They were calling this the "Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix" so there's always next year...I hope. May I ask what equipment you used for this shot?
umdaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 3:07 PM   #4

Great shots, watched it on Tele great race !!!
Maxsamsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by umdaman1 View Post
Great shots, Evo. I'm envious...I really wanted to to attend that race since I'm only about two and a half ours away (Shenandoah Valley), but my schedule wouldn't allow it. I bet the sound of exhaust notes bouncing off the buildings was amazing! They were calling this the "Inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix" so there's always next year...I hope. May I ask what equipment you used for this shot?
Thank you guys!

Actually your hope is fulfilled - Baltimore is contracted for 5 years for the race! So they'll be doing it at least the next 4 years there. We'll definitely be there again next year.

And you're right, the sounds of the cars echoing through the city were incredible... and incredibly loud! I'm glad we brought ear plugs. It was amazing to watch those LeMans and the Indy cars tearing through Baltimore 150-180mph on the straight, which is usually 25mph limit

For the shots above, I used a D90 with my 80-400 zoomed all the way (and a little CS5 ). We had reserved seats, but interestingly my best shots (including those above) actually came from outside the ground as we were leaving for the day, on the street near the hairpin you could see through the fence. I think they'll block that off next year, though - too many people catching the race for free.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:12 PM   #6

Here's a shot I took in the paddock of Will Power's winning IndyCar as it was being adjusted after the practice laps - definitely worth getting the Paddock Pass!
Attached Images