Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:06 PM   #1
TG

Default Motor Racing (Historic)

Here are some Motor Racing shots taken with my Panasonic FZ150 at the Phillip Island Classic.
Had to use manual focus as the cameras continous focus struggled to lock on.
Happy with the results for a Point & Shoot camera, getting a ND8 filter this week to get the shutter speeds down.

Last edited by TG; Mar 11, 2012 at 5:18 PM.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:15 PM   #2

Superb images for a P&S fella . Can I ask why you ditched the canon set up?/ Kind regards Graham.
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:04 AM   #3
TG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman graham View Post
Superb images for a P&S fella . Can I ask why you ditched the canon set up?/ Kind regards Graham.
Thanks Graham, was only getting out a few times a year shooting motorsport, busy with my three young kids & my wife working a lot of weekends. Got sick and tired of lugging my equipment around when out with the kids and I was finding there are too many restrictions now with professional camera equipment at events for the amateur photographers so I decided to sell up and downsize.
Purchased a Panasonic LX5 nice compact camera, excellent image quality for a P&S except higher ISO images are nowhere near as clean as a larger sensor. Purachased the FZ150 for when I wanted something with longer reach.
Taken the FZ150 out twice for a bit of fun shooting Motor Sport (Rally last week), have been very pleased & surprised with the results I have been able to get with this camera.

Last edited by TG; Mar 15, 2012 at 5:03 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:15 AM   #4

TG .... excellent results from the FZ150, I always enjoy your motorsports posts.

I've a friend in Dallas finding the same 'restrictions' regarding camera hardware. Every professional sports event in our area from NFL, NHL, NBA, Thoroughbred Racing, minor and MLB are clamping down. He has downsized to the micro-FourThirds Olympus and finding that the 'no hassle' shooting comfort is back to where it used to be for the time being. His results are equal to the gear he was carrying and weighing 10 times more then the m43 bag.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 5:52 AM   #5
TG

Thanks boBB, was looking at a Micro Four Third kit but decided to go for a Superzoom. Very happy with my choice & feel the same as your friend (no hassle, weight etc)
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:32 AM   #6

Your shots are great regardless. The fact that they were taken with a point and shoot makes them even more exceptional. The two pans are ecxcellent.
umdaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by umdaman1 View Post
Your shots are great regardless. The fact that they were taken with a point and shoot makes them even more exceptional. The two pans are ecxcellent.
TOTALLY agree! Bravo!
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote