Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:17 PM   #1
spy

Default Another swim meet

Got to cover the little league bunch for the club.

Kevin
www.poetryofmotion.com
Attached Images

spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:03 AM   #2

very nicely done
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:33 PM   #3

HATE shooting swimming meets! total chaos, cant keep track of who is who and what event...etc...well done!
DRGSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:27 PM   #4
spy

Thanks for the comments! Shooting swim meets takes a great deal of organization that doesn't come easy but it is learnable. It only took me the first 4 years to get it right.

There is constant information beginning with heat sheets that contain lane numbers, the swimmer and what event is raced. Merge that info with the continuous numbering system of the camera and your all good!

Lets say you shoot a series of photos of heat 3, lane 2....the heat sheet has the name of the swimmer, your camera displays the image numbers. Take one of those numbers and wright it on the heat sheet next to the name. Do this and you'll always know who's swimming and who your looking at on the monitor.

Last edited by spy; Mar 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy View Post
Thanks for the comments! Shooting swim meets takes a great deal of organization that doesn't come easy but it is learnable. It only took me the first 4 years to get it right.

There is constant information beginning with heat sheets that contain lane numbers, the swimmer and what event is raced. Merge that info with the continuous numbering system of the camera and your all good!

Lets say you shoot a series of photos of heat 3, lane 2....the heat sheet has the name of the swimmer, your camera displays the image numbers. Take one of those numbers and wright it on the heat sheet next to the name. Do this and you'll always know who's swimming and who your looking at on the monitor.
4 years, LOL!! I still say they need #s on their caps! lol
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:28 PM   #6

Incredible shots, in this post and the last swim series you posted.
greeneyes18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:10 PM   #7
spy

Thanks greeneyes18!

DRGSin, more times than not, a swimmer will tear their swim cap and grab a cap from a friend to wear for their race. Some of these caps have a last name on them so when caps are switched up between swimmers, your shot shows the wrong name for the swimmer. So If your not too good with using the clone tool in PS to remove the name, you have to ask that swimmer not to wear a named cap that isn't theirs or not worry about it and just wait for another meet.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 8:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy View Post
Thanks greeneyes18!

DRGSin, more times than not, a swimmer will tear their swim cap and grab a cap from a friend to wear for their race. Some of these caps have a last name on them so when caps are switched up between swimmers, your shot shows the wrong name for the swimmer. So If your not too good with using the clone tool in PS to remove the name, you have to ask that swimmer not to wear a named cap that isn't theirs or not worry about it and just wait for another meet.
Good Gawd! An even bigger nightmare! lol
Old Dec 5, 2012, 7:32 AM   #9

Great shots...third one awesome...I'm also swimming lover...one of my friends tell me about these shots...done really nice job there...incredible...
Alex8100 is offline   Reply With Quote