Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Feb 11, 2004, 1:52 AM   #21

John,

Vitamins, well to be honest I never thught about that solution...
In any event, well done. I agree with you, it's all about fun.
Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2004, 5:37 AM   #22

Selvin, next I might try Geritol :!: :!: :lol:
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 5:58 PM   #23

Quote:
I put my stuff up for fun & to share a vision of what is around me. I don't care about perfection & find life much easier applying the KISS principle.
I think that every photographer who posts is out to get a bit of approval. Some more deserving than others.

I need to be careful about the way I word this response because I don't wish to offend. Sometimes I'll personally post shots that I thought were excellent (delusions of grandeur), then someone mentions a glitch or inputs something that I had not yet seen, such as a technique to get a better shot, because I was perhaps a bit too one-sided about the results in my own work. Point of reference: I recently received a great piece of constructive criticism from a talented regular here in the forum on some shots of my own. I was shaken a bit initially, the old pride thing -- we all have it -- especially photographers and artists! Then, after the initial human instinct had shriveled and died, [or was it died and shriveled?] and passed on, the instruction and truth of what this individual had offered began to sink in and I was blessed.

To make a long story short, I think everyone who spends more than 10 minutes a week thinking about photography is longing, hoping, swooning, and desiring "perfection" as you put it. Any who would deny that, my guess, is just not being truthful with self or reader.

By the way, I've taken a few more looks at your photograph and, you know, the more I look at it the more I like the way you pushed back on the zoom to show the great "trail" that defines the surfer's accomplishment. I'm sure that is exactly what you intended when you pushed the shutter.

Hey, you good! And I mean that sincerely. I just sometimes like to make waves like the surfer in your photo.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 6:37 PM   #24

off topic....norm, your hair looks longer now :lol:
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 7:16 PM   #25

Quote:
off topic....norm, your hair looks longer now
That's because I'm not in the best of moods and my hair always grows faster when I feel like an animal. If I had any brains I'd quit ordering photography stuff online...I think that explanation is sufficient. Oh, henry, by the way, your hair is never ruffled. Do you use brilcream?

Hey, you should see my wife's hair when I get in a mood like this...Rapunzel!
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote