Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:05 AM   #1

Default Shooting a Team photo

Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice from those of greater knowledge of mine (or basically everyone!)

I have been (and I still don't know how!) been forced to take a squad photo of my local team.

What settings would you guys stick your camera on (mine is a Nikon D90) so I get all the players sharp.

My worst nightmare would be having the front row sharp whilst the back row isn't or the players in the middle sharp and the ones on the end not!

Any info will be greatly received.

Cheers,
HTFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:21 PM   #2

Hi, if you shoot on a fairly standard lens ie 35-50mm (I don't know theD90's crop factor) at a mid apature you should get all players nice & sharp!. Get the front row to kneel down with the captain in the middle with CLEAN ball (make sure all players kneel on the same leg!). arrange them in a bit of an arc with the back row close up to the knelt row.(watch out for players exposing erm bits or "rabbit earing" fellow team mates)
if it's a small lens you shouldn't suffer from camera shake either if the shutter speed drops a little while attaining the apature. Kind regards Graham.

Out of interest is the teams Physio called Rachel? A work collegue's daughter is a physio for one of the Harrogate teams!

PS post up the pic when taken!

Last edited by bluesman graham; Sep 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:24 PM   #3

a bit more info please - what type of team? How many people? Where will you be taking the photo?

A big part of team photos is positioning the team. 8 players is easy - 42, not as easy.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote