Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Feb 26, 2004, 9:41 AM   #11

You're misunderstanding. In this forum, we like seeing and discussing each other's photos and trying to improve our own photography at the same time. We cannot see huge photos on our screens and, when someone posts such a large photo, one or another person requests that he/she downsize it so we can see the entire picture instead of one corner of it. That's all that was being said here. It's up to you how you want to handle it.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2004, 10:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoultry
You're misunderstanding. In this forum, we like seeing and discussing each other's photos and trying to improve our own photography at the same time. We cannot see huge photos on our screens and, when someone posts such a large photo, one or another person requests that he/she downsize it so we can see the entire picture instead of one corner of it. That's all that was being said here. It's up to you how you want to handle it.
Yeah, you are right. It's really up to me how I want to handle it. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding. But please understand that not everybody comes to this forum to see and discuss each other's photos. There are also people in the forum requesting for photos to be posted up from a particular camera for printing and reviewing purpose. But anyway, it will seem pointless if I continue.
fodio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2004, 9:46 PM   #13
-jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoultry
Besides, even if I did download it, I'd still have to view it at no more than 25% its original size on a monitor that displays 72 ppi.
Almost all browsers have options to display images full size.

I suspect you use Microsoft's Internet Explorer, so click Tools->Internet Options->Advanced and put a checkmark next to Enable Automatic Image Resizing... Check Enable Image Toolbar if you want to live on the edge...

Sometimes people want a full, unchanged image so they can see how a camera or lens performs... They don't care about the actual picture...

-jb
-jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2004, 10:19 PM   #14

jb...

Thanks for the great info
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2004, 11:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jb

I suspect you use Microsoft's Internet Explorer, so click Tools->Internet Options->Advanced and put a checkmark next to Enable Automatic Image Resizing... Check Enable Image Toolbar if you want to live on the edge...

Sometimes people want a full, unchanged image so they can see how a camera or lens performs... They don't care about the actual picture...

-jb

I cannot agree more with jb. Thanks there. That is what I am trying to get across to bcoultry, "Sometimes people want a full, unchanged image so they can see how a camera or lens performs... They don't care about the actual picture..."

Good info shared by jb on the IE part. On displaying images full size in the browser. Thanks for sharing, very informative!!!

Dan
Old Feb 28, 2004, 11:56 PM   #16
-jb

You're welcome... Glad it helped...

-jb
-jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2004, 4:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fodio
Quote:
Originally Posted by -jb

-jb

I cannot agree more with jb. Thanks there. That is what I am trying to get across to bcoultry, "Sometimes people want a full, unchanged image so they can see how a camera or lens performs... They don't care about the actual picture..."

Good info shared by jb on the IE part. On displaying images full size in the browser. Thanks for sharing, very informative!!!

Dan
You could just post a link to the full size picture, and show a 700 by 500 something scaled down, for te people who aren't interested in the full size pic, or can't/wont download photo's at 2 mbyte+ each.
Marc H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2004, 8:38 AM   #18

Default Hey Cliff...

Cliff, Could you post more pictures of the Finepix F610 at 6mp. Can you post pictures on green scenery with blue skies, please... I would really appreciate outdoor pictures. Like a park with nice green trees and beautiful blue sky. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks

Dan
Old Mar 4, 2004, 3:36 PM   #19

hi all,i want to post some more pics but everytime i try and upload them to yahoo they appear as pdf files! i will try to find somewhere else to post them for you,ok bye for now
cliff2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2004, 5:24 PM   #20

go to new addy at top,ill post some grass and sky for you soon fodio
cliff2509 is offline   Reply With Quote