Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Feb 19, 2004, 6:06 PM   #1

Default first pics fuji f610(im no expert)

http://debs.norab.org/
cliff2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2004, 6:50 PM   #2

You absolutely must resize those photos because, even on my supersonic cable modem, they take forever to appear and, once they do appear, I can only see fractions of the pictures at a time because they're so huge. If you need any advice on how to downsize, just ask. The answer is somewhere in these forums, but if you can't find it, tell us.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2004, 6:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoultry
You absolutely must resize those photos because, even on my supersonic cable modem, they take forever to appear and, once they do appear, I can only see fractions of the pictures at a time because they're so huge. If you need any advice on how to downsize, just ask. The answer is somewhere in these forums, but if you can't find it, tell us.
Hey, I am using cable too and it loads just fine. Pls understand that when we downsize the photo, viewers to the Fuji F610 at 6mp will not fully detail the image, so pls don't advise to downsize. Thanks.
fodio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2004, 7:34 PM   #4

fodio, I shoot Nikons, with the d-100 they are also 6+ mb on size. and the detail when I resize them is fine (check my Macros) and see for your self . I make a copy of the original so I don't lose any thing for printing. But it is up to you, and I can assume you post here for feed back, IMHO That size Good Luck....
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2004, 7:02 AM   #5

Quote:
so pls don't advise to downsize
You will definitely lose feedback from people with telephone modems, and you'll lose feedback from all of us because we can't see more than a piece of your picture at any one time. But, like Cowboy43 says, it's up to you.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 7:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy43
fodio, I shoot Nikons, with the d-100 they are also 6+ mb on size. and the detail when I resize them is fine (check my Macros) and see for your self . I make a copy of the original so I don't lose any thing for printing. But it is up to you, and I can assume you post here for feed back, IMHO That size Good Luck....
Cowboy43,
Pls understand that in the initial msg proposed to cliff was to have an uploaded original 6mp image without any changes to the main image from the FinePix F610. Which also means that it is direct taken immediately from the camera after the shot is taken and no image editing is done. So far, there are not many F610 6mp images of the original source in the internet for personal reviewing. This is one rear opportunity.

Regards,
Daniel
Old Feb 23, 2004, 8:09 AM   #7

i will try to load the other pics that i originally intendedto do!,i will keep them @ the original size for a true comparison of the f610,although my ability to use the cam as got to be taken into consideration,hope they are of some use anyway...cliff
cliff2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2004, 11:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Quote:
so pls don't advise to downsize
You will definitely lose feedback from people with telephone modems, and you'll lose feedback from all of us because we can't see more than a piece of your picture at any one time. But, like Cowboy43 says, it's up to you.

Yes, true. But I am also certain that people with cable modems would also like to download the images at original size. If we downsize, we would lose feedback from people with cable modems. And not everybody can't see more than a piece of the picture at any one time. I am sure that more than a handful of people are able to download the image, save it, and view it with a picture viewer or picture editor that automatically downsize the image at no expense of the image quality.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 12:13 PM   #9

Quote:
But I am also certain that people with cable modems would also like to download the images at original size.
I have a cable modem and can't think why I'd want to download someone else's photo. Besides, even if I did download it, I'd still have to view it at no more than 25% its original size on a monitor that displays 72 ppi.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 3:18 AM   #10

Quote:
I have a cable modem and can't think why I'd want to download someone else's photo.
Then why do you want to view someone else's photo if you don't download it. Viewing the photo in your web browser is as good as downloading the pictures and storing it in your cache or hardrive. We download the photo's for personal use. We save it for personal use. Like I said, for reviewing, printing or developing.

Quote:
Besides, even if I did download it, I'd still have to view it at no more than 25% its original size on a monitor that displays 72 ppi.
That is why I said that you do not understand that in the initial msg proposed to cliff was to have an uploaded original 6mp image without any changes to the main image from the FinePix F610. The reason, NOT to view it at no more than 25% its original size on a monitor that displays 72 ppi but for other reasons like printing, developing and perosnal reviewing. And as I said earlier, there are not many F610 6 megapixel images of the original source in the internet for personal reviewing. But rather there were more in the 12mp format. Many reviewers would like to see it's quality and details at no loss in the 6mp printed format. This is one rear opportunity Resizing it or downsizing it may cause a loss of image quality in the 6mp format. Leave it as it is, so as when we print it out in photos or develop them in photo labs we will have no loss in quality. I would not like to have a 6mp image resized to a 3mp image.

Dan