Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Mar 7, 2004, 8:46 AM   #1

Default My son swimming in a race

Recently taken of my 15 year old son. He is very competitive but hates have his photo taken at any time so this is one of a limited few I have of him.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2004, 9:05 AM   #2

nice shot!! you really stopped the action and it's so clear!
darlene
darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 9:14 AM   #3

Thanks, i have to say that a lot of my luck with the photos I owe to my great camera or at least 40%
Old Mar 9, 2004, 9:18 AM   #4

Default it's working

whatever gets the credit, it's working. i need to take a photography class. my pictures are not so hot! But they say that it's hard to take good pics of basketball inside a gym without good lighting. but i am wishing i had spent a little more $$ on a better camera (or maybe it's entirely ME) Anyway I have a Minolta Z1.
darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 7:04 PM   #5

thanks, years of practice and many rolls of film have helped me. I have about 30 thick photo albums and many rubbish photos as well. I will never go back to my old SLR and film again. I belong to a camera club where 98% of members are still big on film and not all that impressed about the digital members producing great quality pics, I'd say they are more suprised than unhappy. I guess the early digitals may have been crappy but the latest cameras are great.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 7:11 PM   #6

nice shot

darlene.....instead of buying a "better camera" just get a flash.......(do you have a hotshoe?)
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 7:24 PM   #7

I like the color saturation and stop action. Exposure looks crisp and the focus is sharp. One small composition nit. In pictures such as this one, try to get the subject moving INTO the frame rather than out of it (i.e. your son positioned to the left with more water in front of him). Of course, this is one of those "rules" that are sometimes effectively broken as well :P
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2004, 8:00 PM   #8

darlene i know nothing about your camera, Minolta Z1.. ive never owned a minolta. When i wanted an SLR my Hubs and I were on low income so I purchased a fully manual Russian Zenit that people laughed at and said i could not get great pics out of. In time i learned how to use the thing and I did eventually get some very nice photos out of it. just keep on snapping and im sure you will get some good pics in time.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 8:21 PM   #9

ohenry, I agree with you there. i was running along the side of the pool trying to snap whatever I could without getting in the way of officials.

I took a few shots but most were not that good. i took a lot of photos that i would not class as much good but are a good record for myself as a mum, like these three below, not great pics but great memories.

a messy dive, he hates this photo

competitors but best buddies