Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Mar 10, 2004, 9:13 AM   #11

Default Thanks....

Mr. Saginaw.... Just what I was looking for. I'll give your suggestions a try and let you know how it goes. If I get to it tonight I'll try to post some shots I get. Like I mentioned, I'm involved with the coaching so squeezing the photos in there is not always an option. I know that at the end of it all though, the kids would surely love to see some great pics of themselves and I hope your suggestions can help me there. By the way, I wonder if you've ever shot indoors in RAW and if so how that might have helped in eliminating noise. Haven't done it with my cam yet but from what I've read it's a good way to tweak things after the fact. Thanks again for your help.
aliasd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:21 PM   #12

Default Basketball Shots.....

Got some good ones off, Mr. Saginaw. Don't have time to upload them tonight but did want to say thanks for your help. Kept the ISO at 200 to help keep the noise down. Don't know if it made a difference to tell you the truth. The pics came out decent with a little bit of noise. Don't know if it can really be helped in these low light gymnasiums, especially using relatively faster shutter speed. Got a lot to learn still and much practice to go. Keep up your own good work.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 6:27 PM   #13

Alias,

Looking forward to seeing you pics!

Here's a sample of the noise when i use ISO1600 and what Neat Image does...

Mr_Saginaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2004, 8:38 PM   #14

Default Pics.....

Great what you can do with NeatImage. Was looking at that today and looks like a worthwhile investment. Here's one pic I got last night at the game. Just a slight curves adjustment in photoshop and a reduction in file size. Don't think it came out too bad. Once again I appreciate the help. Lots of good people to learn from on this site. I'm hoping to grow into my camera! Hopefully I'll get the pic loaded properly here too.

[url]http://www.rotarypark.com/bball_chr_tra_mic.jpg[url]

If not.....it can be seen here.... http://www.rotarypark.com/bball_chr_tra_mic.jpg