Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Mar 28, 2004, 1:47 AM   #1

Default Fastpitch softball sequence shots......

These are some shots from my daughters high school softball team who are the Poca Dots, yeah that is the mascot the dots,lol. anyway here are some action shots taken in burst mode 7fps with my olympus E100rs. It takes 15fps but i usually use 7. The lighting wasnt too good but they turned out pretty good for after 5:00 games and hardly any sun.
Check them out tell me what you think...

Link
just click on next when it comes up

http://www.pbase.com/image/27353148

im looking to get either the Nikon D70 or the Rebel here soon , but wont be till June so ill have to take this years softball with my current one , which i still love,lol
wvyankeegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2004, 2:12 AM   #2

The pics with the slide , i wish the umpire would have moved over , it would have been a better shot,lol.
Old Mar 28, 2004, 7:59 AM   #3

Nice photos!

My kids are just starting to get into the extra cirricular game stage so it was a nice example of things to look forward to.

I got a chance to look at the cheerleading sequences as well.. Great example of backflip technique.... The girls got her eyes on the ground the whole time she is in rotation... Key concept to avoid hitting one's head!
MichaelE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 9:01 PM   #4

Yankeegurl...

You get better each time I see a post. You caught that dust flying up excellent with your high shutter, nice job. Why don't you crop out a bit of that surrounding empty space so I can see those great shots even better!

You're working great things with that camera of yours.

PS - didn't you know that umpires have meetings about how they can most effectively block the local photographer? Actually, I think they use walkie talkies. I decided to take a chance and crop that slide photo of yours to show you how it might be enhanced because the umpire is actually there, just cut him out a bit so he is "part" of the story but not the major focus, and of course keep just a bit of the "action" dust in the photo, like here...

I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of cropping out some of your fine photos to show you what I mean.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2004, 1:59 PM   #5

Thanks for all your comments !
I dont mind you cropping it , thanks , i like feedback.
I really didnt have time to crop these sequence shots , but i do usually crop them for the high school site.
I love to take slides into the bases with the dust all flying up.
I just wish the sun would have been out a little more that day.
And yeah those umpires seems to do that, and coaches when they are out on the field around 3rd or first. lol
I read on a site where you should try to not have the fence in the back ground, so i was trying some diff. places at the game.
Luckly there was a tall thing behind the back stop,lol.
Its really hard not to get the fence in some shots or people.
But i like the back ground on some shots it tells more.
oh yeah the crop looks good thanks
Old Mar 31, 2004, 9:20 PM   #6

I'd personally not worry too much about a fence or any other background object if thinking about it caused me to take the "second" best location for the action. I can always blur out any background I don't want later but I'll never be able to blur in a good shot of some action.

Thanks for letting me toy with your work!
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote