Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:37 PM   #11

maybe i should go buy a spider....

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"1/125 and 1/600? no way!!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"i shoot between 1/1250 and 1/1600

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"how long? about six months
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2004, 11:01 PM   #12

Then I read your shutter speeds right the first time. I tend to keep the 80-200 wide open at 2.8 most of the time. Keep on trying. I shoot baseball in Aperture Priority at f/2.8. It nets me the fastest shutter speeds. Getting focused on a fast moving subject is important with the shallow DOF you get at 2.8, and it takes practice, and even then your not going to get every shot in focus. You have very good timing. It's hard to get some of the shots you got. All you need to do is refine your technique.

There are 3 main monitor calibration units out there. I did a lot of research on them before buying my Monaco Optix. After all my research, the top 3 in order were.

1. Monaco Optix XR
2. Gretag Macbeth Eye-One Display
3. Spyder Vision

These also happen to be listed most expensive to cheapest. I heard too many complaints about the Spyder, and soon wrote that off my list. The Eye-One Display seemed to have a few dissatisfied customers, and never a single negative comment on the Monaco, so I went with the Monaco. In all honesty, the Eye-One is probably just as good. Been the best thing I've done recently. Sure helps me get prints that look like what I see on my monitor.
wingspar is offline   Reply With Quote